Solved! Talk to an expert about slr camera

chalifours1

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hi,
I am purchasing my first slr digital camera. Ive been very interested in photography for a while now.
I was wondering what you could tell me about what I should be looking for in a camera and which brand would be best. I am also looking for hd video included in the camera.
My price is really anything under 800$
Please help me out

Solution
Sure, I could help, but I want to warn you, SLRs differ in their P&S counterparts by a great margin when it comes to cost. The cost of the camera body and kit is the cheap part. The cost of the lenses after that is the real sink.

I'm not going to say if Nikkon or Canon is better. Everyone has their own opinion of better, and better is only based on the features you find most appealing to you.

My suggestion to the very interested photographer would be to research the HELL out of the cameras. Find what makes one camera better then the other. Features, images quality, low light quality, video quality and ownership costs. I could tell you to get a Canon Ti2 sure. It meets your criteria, I shoot Canon, and thats that. However, I would...

CompTIA_Rep

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Sure, I could help, but I want to warn you, SLRs differ in their P&S counterparts by a great margin when it comes to cost. The cost of the camera body and kit is the cheap part. The cost of the lenses after that is the real sink.

I'm not going to say if Nikkon or Canon is better. Everyone has their own opinion of better, and better is only based on the features you find most appealing to you.

My suggestion to the very interested photographer would be to research the HELL out of the cameras. Find what makes one camera better then the other. Features, images quality, low light quality, video quality and ownership costs. I could tell you to get a Canon Ti2 sure. It meets your criteria, I shoot Canon, and thats that. However, I would suggest going with an older camera and spending extra on lenses, it makes a HUGE difference.

Do this:
Go to google and look up sample images from Canon's kit 18-55 lens vs a prime 50mm lens and decide what quality you are willing to pay for. Consequently, this is also your first lens you should buy. Its under 100 bucks and well worth gold to a photographer/videographer.

(canon mk2 50mm 1.8)

Solution