Target Drops Nintendo 3DS Price to $169 Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
another nail in Vita's coffin? it's a great deal now if you get it at Walmart or Target. You get the price cut and the 20 free games. amazing deal!

outerheaven

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
@TheWhiteRose000 The price drop is suppose to happen on Aug. 12th and it currently is the 10th so both Walmart and Target dropped the price early.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Great time to buy so you can activate the Ambassador program and get the 3DS cheaper. I'm sure that makes early 3DS adopters cringe though.

G

[citation][nom]TheWhiteRose000[/nom]Wait so Target did it Wednesday and.Wal*Mart did it Tuesday, then how did Target do it early?Topic for this article is misleading.[/citation]
No it isn't. It's early because Nintendo dated the price drop for August 12, and they dropped it August 10th. Not misleading at all, you're just failing at comprehension.

saidge

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Interesting move by Walmart and Target to kickstart sales. They must be expecting people to put 2 & 2 together and figure out this tidbit. Still, I can't see it being worth it unless you were contemplating a 3ds anyway.

That said, if you're planning on getting one, NOW is the time.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
It is confirmed in my area. I went to Target after work and saw $169.99 and got it. I guess I'll find out Sept. 1 if I get the free games as well! Thanks for the story Tom's!

TheWhiteRose000

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
@outerheaven That I understood.

@gnookergi Not failing at comprehension just winning at noticing details.
If Wal*Mart did it before Target, wouldn't it have been better if Wal*Mart drops price's early.
Given they could have written, "Wal*Mart & Target drop price's early"
Which they both did ahead of time, It just makes more sense to write Wal*Mart first, instead of Target cause Wal*Mart dropped the price first.

:p

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I don't have a DS... but now I could get a 3DS, a whole bunch of games and being able to try all the games that I missed during this 5 years...

The world end with you is the game I want the most on DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.