Task Assign utility

eskimo68

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
(I hope this ends up in the correct forum, if not, please please give me a note so I can send this idea in the correct place).

What a great utility. Of course, it seems to be missing one very useful feature. Not to mention that such a feature would make it a great utility on single processor systems too.
Please add the ability to set a process' priority (program, will do but process would be better). I don't know about other people but I frequently lower the priority of processes when completition time is irrelevant (backgammon analysis that takes hours, background scans and stuff like that).

(I actually tried to create a program for this a few months back but failed miserably walking the process list :)

jclins

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I wished there was a way to send THG Task Assign to the system tray (or minimize it for that matter). Also, it would be nice to save multiple profiles. Or save the application affinity directly to the profile from the running process list. Skinning would be nice as well. I always thought the guys at www.sysinternals.com would introduce something like what the THG Task Assign to their wonderfully useful Process Explorer tool. I'm glad someone wrote an article about dual processor. As an owner of a dual AMD MP 1800+ system, there's not a lot of info/tips/tricks about dual system. Rock on dude! More dual CPU articles, yeah!