Solved! TCL 32S6000S-AU Removing Screensaver

May 13, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've got a TCL 32S6000S-AU TV hooked up in the office displaying out the front window for advertisement purposes.
A USB is plugged in which has an mp4 video I would like to run on a loop indefinitely.
The video runs fine but after a while, generic landscape photos would start playing so I'm assuming the screensaver has kicked in. I'm not sure when but it's usually when I arrive to work the next day I would see this screensaver.
I've tried going through the settings but cannot find the option to turn this off.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Cheers

Solution
I have ran into this before when using USB media to play on the TV, never found a fix, we stopped using that USB direct media with the models we had. Seems when playing things that way the TV does not see it as an input. You can try using an HDMI stick to play the files, Android or one of those Windows sticks.

There are no power saving or screen saving options in the set?
If this is shown and you press any button, does the video play again?

Does the video really repeat itself or does it stop at the end?

Try updating the TV´s firmware/software. Use a different video player if possible.

Is this TV eventually in "shop"/"DEMO"/"store" mode? TCL might be displayed in any of the corners.
https://steemit.com/tcl/@jules2rancher/how-to-disable-demo-mode-on-tcl-smarttv

Last edited:
I have ran into this before when using USB media to play on the TV, never found a fix, we stopped using that USB direct media with the models we had. Seems when playing things that way the TV does not see it as an input. You can try using an HDMI stick to play the files, Android or one of those Windows sticks.

There are no power saving or screen saving options in the set?

Solution