Teen Goes on Axe Rampage After Losing Game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconqc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
Funny how the fact that he consumed a bottle of vodka is omitted from the title. A whole bottle though? Seriously?

I hope he gets life. I have no respect or compassion for people who get drunk and then blame their actions on getting drunk. Diminished reponsability? That's BS.

That kid is clearly a danger to society. This kid was out for carnage, it wasn't a tantrum. If you hit someone in the head six times with an axe, chop off limps and stab repeatedly, you're doing it for the pleasure it gives you, not because you are upset.

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
So I see the thumbs down button for comments made on this article, but I cant find on for the actual article.
I will keep looking though. . .

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
It said in the article the guy was schizo- yet still it blames games. Toms hardware, I'm sick of these articles. It's obvious tom's hardware isn't a real tech site. They are grasping at straws with these articles. They don't care about us real gamers, and they don't care if they offend us. I've been a fan of T.H. for a long time, but just recently created an account about a year ago. T.H. used to be a good site, but now it's turned into the way the enquirer used to be. Well, I've had it. I'm done. From now on i'll go read on "REAL" tech sites like pcworld, Computer power users, or maximumpc.

PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Hello Alcohol was involved again. It could have been boy lost 3 games of Monopoly and went on rampage and we would have never heard about it. Dumb! Media Agenda.

mbcluigi

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Wow. What a weak tie in....earlier that day he played video games, then he killed people(oh and by the way he has a history of violence and mental illness). Anyone who has any sort of statistical background knows that post hoc propter hoc (after this therefore because of this) arguments are invalid. I wonder what he had for breakfast. Scrambled egg based murders might be on the rise!

G

What I can't believe is the screwed up justice system. He should not have drunk the Vodka in the first place and I've no doubt he knew that. He may have been under the influence but he is fully responsible for his actions. Now it sounds like the powers that be are letting him off easy on grounds that he was not totally in control of his actions. THAT is reprehensible! There was once a time when murderers were held responsible for their crimes and executed rather than treated for a percieved "mental condition." No one wants to take responsibility for their actions and our justice system is only too happy to accomodate that immoral method thinking.

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
[citation][nom]dreamphantom_1977[/nom]I'm Done. Goodbye TH..[/citation]

I'm starting forget what the OLD TOMS HARDWARE site was about... and how i got here in the first place in 2000?!?!

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I'm sure this entire family is a model for genetic diversity....NOT..
The kid is apparently broken... put a bullet in his head.. The remaining child should be evaluated and given to someone who will be there for him. THE End.. don't waste mercy or compassion on those who don't have the capacity for it themselves.

t33lo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005
Who cares if he was playing video games. If his brother took the last slice of pizza from the fridge causing him to freak, would we blame pizza for his vodka-induced rampage? A connection to video games is weak, it was only a matter of time before he got pissed at something, it just happened that he got pissed at a video game. Now if he landed on his brothers condo on Park Place, I can't imagine what he would have done...

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]portuguesemafia[/nom]Another game related murder. Where are the kids parents in all of this? Parents fault if you ask me.[/citation]

The kid is a schizophrenic with a history of violence after consuming alcohol. He's now locked in at a high security mental hospital..but yeah, that's not really relevant. What matters is he lost a few rounds of Fifa...right.

melvis72

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Once again like the last a drunk idiot who has as a record of past problems goes crazy and they want to blame video games!!! Stop blaming video games its not the cause!!!

i8cookiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
"Duped by another headline"

For the third time this week several Toms readers are tragically misled to read an article that despite the title has nothing to do with gaming, hardware, or software for that matter.
First of all this article shouldn't be on Toms, as whoever wrote it threw obviously decided to take the 'violent gamer' angle to spur views. I agree with several other posters, this article should be titled "Teen Goes on Axe Rampage after getting DRUNK"

Also, has anyone noticed how a large portion of the news articles on Toms seem to be regurgitations of press releases? I hope someone is getting paid for showing us all that advertising. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS