Teen Goes on Axe Rampage After Losing Game

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
goddamn. when i get mad i just go to my cat and hug its fluffiness and my rage drifts away because my kitty's wittle paws poke on my nose...he needs a cat

Goro

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Really TH? Really?? A soccer game? Really?
wow...I just don't know what to say to such article

Really a soccer game??? Really?

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
The world has over six billion people. This one is not needed. I don't want to pay one thin dime on his confinement and support; that's money wasted. Stick his head in a bucket and pull the trigger.

mitchmeister03

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Really, this is nuts. How is this the games fault. I'll admit I may have had some issues with game rage, but I'll admit I have some anger issues (holes in walls are proof). I would never blame killing someone on a game. The title of the article makes it sound like that's the entire fault, the game. So stupid.

macclearly

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
If it wasn't the video game...it would have been that evil music by Alice Cooper or something. This guy would have found something that he could blame for being a total whack job.

kageryu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
WTF? First, I read that a drunk father killed his son over a lost videogame and now this?!?! All in ONE WEEK?!?! *facepalm*

G

Wait. Some tool consumes a bottle of vodka, breaks into a house and kills someone and it's a game's fault because it was being played by the offender a few hours beforehand??

Slow news day so you have to make up some load of loosely related garbage Tom's??

G

Why are all these articles that talk about people hurting someone after playing a video game or something like that, seem to all have alcohol involved...

seamusmac

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
Why does this publication insist on propagating inaccurate claims of murder and video game connection. I am sure there were many killers out there that lost multiple games of solitaire before going out and killing someone. Maybe even losing a few games of pong, back in the day, set some of on a murder rampage. But to actually connect the occurrences is reprehensibly poor reporting. The kid who did this is just one of many out there that are not wired correctly, if he is sociopath or psychopath, that's where the story is. It is not about him losing a few games of video soccer.

Shame on you Tom's Guide for repeating this piece of garbage from Dailymail, shame on you.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]Hello Alcohol was involved again. It could have been boy lost 3 games of Monopoly and went on rampage and we would have never heard about it. Dumb! Media Agenda.[/citation]
And again it was also someone with a history of violence and mental instability, too. So they didn't say "Crazy, Drunken Teen Goes on Axe Rampage" because that would make sense.

zayed90

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
well drinking a whole bottle of vodka might have more affect on the guy's brain rather than loosing 3 games. If you think about it losing 3 games would mean you've lost $200 dollars in one day(assuming you bought them at 59.99). and since he's a teen it would probably take him 30 hours of work, which he probably doesn't like. Every man has a break point, right?

sparky_the_lab_rat

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
…”has a history of violence after consuming alcohol”…not a history of violence after playing video games. It’s obvious what the trigger is here.

Wait, he’s 17 and has a “history” with alcohol? How many years has he been drinking? Title should read “Adolescents who routinely get smashed on vodka end up pretty F’d up later in life.” Five bucks says mom was drinking with baby on board.

sylvia648

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I think he was one of those European soccer fans you always see rioting after a game. No, but in all seriousness this is yet again another failure of the American Mental Health System (or the lack there of) and people not being able to get health care be it psychical or mental in this greedy/piss poor country. In my county the mental health system won't take someone without saying they're either suicidal or homicidal. You have to be at the breaking point before anyone will help you in this country (works better that way to fill the jail cells so TWA and MS can use the prison labor for free). It's the same with that guy that shot up that woman's gym and the Virginia Tech shooter. There were signs and people knew about this, but no one cares in this country till something happens. Never proactive, only reactive we are. Blame the parents is a good place to look, but also blame the society at hand.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
SO not only GTA causes us to be violent but now FIFA? A Soccer game?

Next it will be a story of how a girl lost at Barbie the game and went crazy and killed someone.

And all the while they will downplay her anger issues, the alcohol involved or other issues that probably were the real reason.

The Barbie shall no longer have a game.

gti88

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Those gaming-rampage stories... Again... Would you, please, stop publishing this kind of "news". It damages the site's reputation. I'm feeling like I'm on a "Daily Mail" site (which is, undisputably, ridiculoous).

Thurin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
How come people always make the link to video games.

An individual capable of killing in a fit of rage would just as easily have killed after losing a game of cards, or someone else ticking them off somehow... or cutting them off in traffic or some such rubbish.

In this case the murder took place in an alcohol induced fit of rage over a virtual loss... this could have happened under any circumstances and because of anything.

The person involved is in a highly unstable mental state and should have been admitted to a hospital or some such a long time before this ever happened.

My two cents,

Mike

PS: I'm all for researching and coming up with a remedy for such people, but until the cause is found and the cure is administered they should be detained and admitted to an appropriate holding facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.