Tesla Model S Priced at Below $50,000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]ispyamoose[/nom]If everyone had an electric car, the U.S. electric grid would most likely fail.[/citation]
No Question..
Doesn’t the grid drop in some states during the summer because of Air conditioners? (I’m in Canada)

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
The USA’s power demand is massive; I can’t even guess how many cars are in the USA… You guys would need a whole lot more Nuclear Power plants if ALL the cars were electric. Or destroy the earth with more coal plants if the laws aren’t changed.

G

"do you have to actually plug the car into the socket yourself or will it handle this automatically itself like those roomba things"

ya, because you're going to want your car to drive around by itself looking for a plug.

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
so far away and yet still the first? i somehow doubt that but at the same time, it shows how out-of-touch other companies are because i'm sure there's a real demand for EV's. let's keep things moving and hope your 3rd model keeps that approx. 30k sticker price, or better yet, get some freaking competition, already

G

But but but....prices of houses built by freeways will go up. It's the f#$%ing end of the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.