Tether an iPhone Connection? There's an HTML5 App For That

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Very flaky ... only got it to connect a few times.... waste of 15 bucks. Oh & if you read the fine print on the Paypal billing, they make it an automatic payment. Screw that.

Yargnit

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
So would this work for teathering to a Tablet, or only a PC? Specifically a TouchPad running ICS? If so I'd be very interested.

G

Just another of the many innovations and features found on Apple products that you can't get on Android!

Haters gonna hate!

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
[citation][nom]AAPLPRIUS[/nom]Just another of the many innovations and features found on Apple products that you can't get on Android!Haters gonna hate![/citation]

I'm not even going to start on this one.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
[citation][nom]AAPLPRIUS[/nom]Just another of the many innovations and features found on Apple products that you can't get on Android!Haters gonna hate![/citation]

umm think before you speak. (or at least google search)

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

WOW... did you even read the entire article before deciding to look like an idiot?

The company also provides a tethering app for Android and BlackBerry, but they only require a one-time fee of $29.95 per license.

So in the end, it costs us Android and BB users a one time fee of $30 and iPhone users have to pay that each year (after the first). Feel better now?

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Gotta love my E7, with which I am connected to the internet right now. Supports Wifi, BT, and USB tethering out-of-box. Even the OS is good now with Belle.

hiryu

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
[citation][nom]waylander[/nom]WOW... did you even read the entire article before deciding to look like an idiot?The company also provides a tethering app for Android and BlackBerry, but they only require a one-time fee of $29.95 per license.So in the end, it costs us Android and BB users a one time fee of $30 and iPhone users have to pay that each year (after the first). Feel better now?[/citation]
Obviously, he meant:
"iPhone users have to pay that each year" is the "innovations and features found on Apple products that you can't get on Android!"

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Of course, if carriers would just let us use the data we purchase as we please, we wouldn't need things like this to get around the rules.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Back when I had my iPhone 4 I was jailbroken and used MyWi (I think that's what it was at least), and it worked great.
Now that I'm on my Thunderbolt, I'm rooted, Rommed and am using some other WiFi Tether app that I happened to find (I don't think it's on the android market, you have to download the installer file separately from their website to install it). And that works great - and it's free. So suck-it Apple lovers.
(disclaimer - I still believe that the iPhone itself is a pretty nice phone, and once jailbroken, is a VERY nice phone. But I'm still in the Android camp because of the multitude more possibilities - and Apple as a company is evil and doesn't deserve my money).

So this is absolutely nothing new to me. Cool that it's HTML5 though.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
First off my Carrier allows me to tether via USB or Wierless :p and im sure i can get a free Android app for it even if it does't :)

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
This is good until your carrier decides you're using too much bandwidth and charges you for a tethering plan. This happened to all my friends who own iPhones through AT&T. Meanwhile I can use Windows Phone's built in "Internet Sharing" to tether :p

G

@AAPLPRIUS
I've seen tethering (USB and WIFI) built into Android with HTC Sense and Android 4.0 (ICS). No root required, and no need to pay anything extra for it.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hiryu[/nom]Obviously, he meant:"iPhone users have to pay that each year" is the "innovations and features found on Apple products that you can't get on Android!"[/citation]

I thought paying more and getting less was a standard feature on Apple products...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I know it's ""promotional"" offer, but, (apple version) what if I get the app for the first year, then not go on with the second year, then I try to start anew just to get the same 15$ per year?
Like some ISP that say that for new subscriptions, 10% cheaper price. Then I will cancel my subscription and get a new one. More work for them, and for me too, but I get repaid with the cheaper version. They, instead, risk losing a customer.
Probably they have ways to prevent me from this workaround. I just think it's unfair. Just like it's unfair to pay more per GB of data once gone beyond the limit, as the first payment plan includes setup, coverage, tech support and everything else, while all the extra data are just data.
p.s. no apple for me. Proud android user. Just pointing out the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.