Thanks Tom's Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heatm1ser

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
This was just a test. I made a forum post being critical of Tom's Guide, and cant find that post ANYWHERE, yet this non-judgemental post is easy to find. So it looks like Tom's Guide censors the very users that made it successful all these decades if those users post stuff thats not so flattering about Tom's Guide....and the sad thing is, I linked many resources to support my criticisms, like articles on reputable sites like the Wall Street Journal website and the FTC.gov website....I didnt just trash-talk Tom's Guide, I supported EVERYTHING I said with resources.

So now I know that Tom's Guide not just will <Mod Edit> you and me over for the almighty dollar, but that they censor you if you say anything critical of Tom's Guide. I thought it was interesting.

Here's the link to the bookmark of the forum post Im talking about...you cant see it because its censored. Sad because there was no profanity nor was there any accusations that werent supported by well-known and reputable resources.

Last edited by a moderator:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Reactions: heatm1ser

heatm1ser

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Well yeah, thats the link I gave you. Not sure why they moved the post to this forum when it was in regards to an article Tom's Guide specifically about the Venmo app and has nothing to do with forum feedback. Plus, the forum feedback forums have like 30 total posts where the apps forum has over 17,000 posts, so the forum feedback forums get like absolutely no attention, which is exactly what they were going for when they finally approved my post. Now nobody will see what I posted, and I took my time to compose that to help others while criticizing Toms Guides for their obviously financially motivated article endorsing an app that has been heavily criticized for their security vulnerabilities. TBH, Im surprised they even approved it since it was honest critique with supporting resources that indicates that Toms Guides may be willing to screw the users who made the sire successful so that Paypal/Venmo can keep their hands in Toms pockets.

That post I made had nothing to do with forum feedback, but they moved the post there to minimize how many people can read it....just another form of censorship.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Freedom of speech (or the lack thereof) had nothing to do with the move. This is the more appropriate section for your thread and where TG admins/mods/staff are more likely to see it.

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.