The 5 things I'm glad I knew before buying a mini PC

Dec 29, 2023
I am glad you covered these little marvels.
I would add two other things to consider.

1. Although good typical specs are a basis for what will perform best or enough there is a lot of hype on certain mini's showing the dual HDMI ports, 16gb ram, 512gb hard drive with expandability, and decent CPU chip for mostly business, spreadsheets etc, You need to make sure the ram is dual channel else you will have choppy system performance. I learned this on my first KAMRUI purchase that is now mothballed or maybe the kids can use it. My subsequent ALLIWAVA mini was $50 more and has been such a nice surprise with its performance, it is smaller sized and feels well made vs, plastic everything. There is also a USBC port.

2. I am using this computer as an away computer at a second home and it is connected to a 43", 4k smart tv. Works great and resolution/screen looks great too. I have not done this yet, but the PC can be mounted to the back of the TV as well. Right now this is $229 with coupon.

systemBuilder_49

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
I am glad you covered these little marvels.
I would add two other things to consider.

1. Although good typical specs are a basis for what will perform best or enough there is a lot of hype on certain mini's showing the dual HDMI ports, 16gb ram, 512gb hard drive with expandability, and decent CPU chip for mostly business, spreadsheets etc, You need to make sure the ram is dual channel else you will have choppy system performance. I learned this on my first KAMRUI purchase that is now mothballed or maybe the kids can use it. My subsequent ALLIWAVA mini was $50 more and has been such a nice surprise with its performance, it is smaller sized and feels well made vs, plastic everything. There is also a USBC port.

2. I am using this computer as an away computer at a second home and it is connected to a 43", 4k smart tv. Works great and resolution/screen looks great too. I have not done this yet, but the PC can be mounted to the back of the TV as well. Right now this is $229 with coupon.
Minisforum is like the Dell Computer of mini PCs - I recommen them! I own a fake celeron (n-series is really an atom processor which is like a pathetic e-core) and if you are doing any interactive work, get a real minipc from minisforum they use ryzen and true pentium processors, not failed crap like atom processors from intel ... I bought my atom to use as an embedded server, not for desktop use ...

Dec 29, 2023
Here is the link.
Mini PC Core i5-1135G7 Mini Desktop Computer, 16GB DDR4 RAM 512GB NVMe SSD, 2xHDMI and USB-C 4K Outputs, WiFi 6, Intel Iris Xe Graphics Micro Computer, Support External Graphics Cards https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQ6DBQKY

Last edited by a moderator: