The Best of CES: Lenovo's IdeaPad Yoga

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Excellent! However, for this to be a true WIN, they have to keep this affordable... No 2500 dollar quazi-tablet... This needs to be in th 1k territory...

G

[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Excellent! However, for this to be a true WIN, they have to keep this affordable... No 2500 dollar quazi-tablet... This needs to be in th 1k territory...[/citation]

Yeah but It shouldn't have to be. If they just used the standard ultrabook setup and added an extra $100 for the hinged case, they could get them out for $1100.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Excellent! However, for this to be a true WIN, they have to keep this affordable... No 2500 dollar quazi-tablet... This needs to be in th 1k territory...[/citation]

Exactly, the super high price point of previous PC tablets is one of the biggest reasons they didn't take off in the first place.

BWMerlin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
Would love to know what specifications they expect to have it on launch date. I really hope it has a nice high resolution screen 1xxx x 1200 at least and that you can get a full days work use out of it, if that is the case then this will be a very competitive device compared to tablets.

winterblade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Sounds good, BUT 3 pounds is not even close to be "arm-fatigue-free", 1 pound is, seriously, even a 1.6lbs Xoom can cause arm fatigue, and this thing is double that weight so, we're going in the right direction definitely, but we're not there just yet.

Pyree

Distinguished
[citation][nom]winterblade[/nom]Sounds good, BUT 3 pounds is not even close to be "arm-fatigue-free", 1 pound is, seriously, even a 1.6lbs Xoom can cause arm fatigue, and this thing is double that weight so, we're going in the right direction definitely, but we're not there just yet.[/citation]
It's a Lenovo and their construction is sturdy. I am not surprised that their metal yoga hinge can hold it in place.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Well it does more than a tablet, but it is also bigger (total mass) and weighs more. So for sure you don't to walk around with it all day. At the same time, it is convenient in that it can be used tablet style for when you want to do that sort of thing. Its cool and I like it. I would buy it over an otherwise similar ultra pc since I see more use from it.

So it is a good thing.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I can certainly see myself at the coffee shop with this in its folded/ tablet formation, with me sipping coffee and using this to brows the internet. So in that sense it is all win.

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
No Wacom digitizer it seems. That is really a tragedy because this could be the greatest little content creation device for a creative. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait at least another year before companies realize that pen input should not be taboo, contrary to Apple's position.

G

lol dont moan and bitch at the price, lenovo never overchargees unlike a certain company we all know. and that technology is quite compact and well designed, i dont expect it to cost the same as a tablet.

infact i expect it to be 2-3 times more expensive.

BruceOTB

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
This is nice. I hope they price it accordingly. I'm just a little concerned about the touch pad and keyboard getting damaged when you smack them against uneven surfaces(there are a lot of uneven table surfaces around) also that "leathery" material supporting the notebook when upside down? I think they're gonna have durability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.