The Best VPN Services and Apps (Including Free Options)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 19, 2018
In the past few years, I had terrible luck with VPNs... one provider didn't work with Netflix at all, and the other one very cluttered app interface which drove me crazy, so every time I used it, I felt frustrated. Now I'm testing Nordvpn. I'm not very trustful with big names, and its price seems too high for my pocket, but I thought I should give it a shot. In a few months of using Nord I didn't see any bugs or issues, so I feel that it's better to pay a few extra bucks but have a stable service like this, so in the long shot, it's totally worth the price I paid. Don't be afraid to invest, people.

Oct 3, 2018
I see that everyone have various opinions on what's best, I guess people have different needs from such services. For me, nordvpn looks the most reliable, I'm not saying other providers are bad, but it seems the most flexible and tries to cover every angle a user would want. Well, that's what impression I got from using it for almost a year.

May 23, 2018
Been testing out Nord for a month so far. I though I’ll go for my money back in case I didn’t like it, but I’m keeping it. IMHO their customer service is one of the best ones I’ve experienced in a long time. I didn’t have any major issues I just contacted them to ask some more details about their obfuscated servers and they were an absolute pleasure to chat with. I’m not a very technical person, but I know enough things to play around with settings on the app and so far I liked what I saw. Will be looking forward to test it on my travels in Asia over the winter.

Jun 5, 2018
Are you sure Ishawnmike? How about kill switch feature on extensions? Does it provide that? Does it have adblocker and other features which has a VPN app?

Dec 14, 2018
Surfshark is not free, but with the Christmas deal, it's only $1.99/month. Got it myself and so far I'm a happy customer, no issues with the product.

Dec 31, 2018
I used https://saturnvpn.com/ recently. They have good customer service and support with cheap prices. Servers are fast and many protocols to choose.