The Future of Tattoos is Coming: Interactive Ones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unwanted

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Maybe they wont wash off in the shower, he did say "can easily remove the Dattoo at anytime by washing it off" never said anything about washing it off with water so maybe there is some kind of solvent you need to use to wash it off and just plain showering wont do anything.

And no "omg lets kill ourselves putting on sovlent all the time!!" posts since it could still be something inert or harmless to us.

dmwright

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
[citation][nom]unwanted[/nom]Maybe they wont wash off in the shower, he did say "can easily remove the Dattoo at anytime by washing it off" never said anything about washing it off with water so maybe there is some kind of solvent you need to use to wash it off and just plain showering wont do anything.And no "omg lets kill ourselves putting on sovlent all the time!!" posts since it could still be something inert or harmless to us.[/citation]

No, I won't complain about putting solvent on all the time, actually quite the opposite. I would worry that people aren't taking it off enough, who knows what type of fungi might grow under there if it isn't removed once every 2 or 3 days. Hence, the point about it having to be cheap.

Another thought : Body Heat..... Exercise = overclocking? LOL.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Tattoos are generally speaking appealing only to the lower social classes, so why bother making them high-tech? An OLED trampstamp is still a trampstamp...

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]Tattoos are generally speaking appealing only to the lower social classes, so why bother making them high-tech? An OLED trampstamp is still a trampstamp...[/citation]

no, a lawyer or a politician won't have a visible one, and i know a lawyer and a politician that have tattoos.
i myself have tattoos and i'm not i a lowers social class...

back on topic: where would you put the HDD? because having wifi installed on your arm can't be that good...

iveoles

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]fjiekie[/nom]no, a lawyer or a politician won't have a visible one, and i know a lawyer and a politician that have tattoos.i myself have tattoos and i'm not i a lowers social class[/citation]

I have to agree. I have 3 tattoos but as a rule I won't get anything that can't be covered with normal office wear. Far more people have tattoos then you think but they aren't fully excepted in the work place so people cover them up.

A quick google of science or maths tattoos will show you that many academics enjoy them. Not just the 'lower social classes'.

I'm still waiting for the Human Body 2.0 brought about by nano-bots. The only worry I'd have about a permanent tattoo like this is the painful process of upgrading it in 3 years.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]iggybeans[/nom]What a completely silly idea. Temporary tattoos with body powered devices.Why are we hearing about a 2005 idea 5 years later as if it was news and is this silly idea even in the market yet?[/citation]Computers have been around since the 50's... they have been dreaming up crap every day and every year. Why stop now?

mattclary

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
If I just start writing far-out ideas down, will Tom's start writing articles about them? While I think the technology involved will very likely be possible one day, it ain't gonna be in the near future.

mattclary

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]My vision is where we will fly on brooms and play a game where we chase a golden thing with wings on it. Now, go ahead and write a news article about it as if it is only a few years away.[/citation]

EXACTLY!!!!!

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
So if I OC my tattoo will I need some sort of cooling solution or will the stock one do fine? On that note how do I add more RAM... cause the last upgrade was a pain in the ass...

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Politicians ARE the lowest of social classes, but they are very good at fooling people into believing they are useful and necessary, even though they produce nothing of value.

xythrax4420

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
its the new thing in self mutilation goes good with a set of iplates jammed in your lips. And those fags with the giant holes in their ears will love how permenant these are. "Their called gauges man and no my boyfriend doesn't have sex with them!"

HeadScratcher7

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I had a variation of this idea myself several years ago when I realized what a future with nanites would mean. First I predict tatoos will have nanite-based inks -initially for the simple purpose of turning it on/off so you can more easily match it to your work/personal life. From there they will likely create films you can lay on the skin and have them "soak" in -no more proving how tough you are by taking the pain of the needles. These new films may not have the speed of a video screen but should make for some amazing tatoos - think animated .gifs in your skin. The nice part will be that the "vid screen" will be completely programmable and you'll be able to drop in new art anytime you want. It will become an fashion accessory just like jewelery. Strange stuff, eh? I suppose some people will have their entire bodies done in the stuff. Snakes crawling, or vines growing and sprouting flowers or skulls will be all the rage. Techies will be running artificial life patterns. People will be able to flash the color of their hair to anything they want in seconds. A brave new world.

Status
Not open for further replies.