The Future of Tattoos is Coming: Interactive Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggybeans

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
What a completely silly idea. Temporary tattoos with body powered devices.

Why are we hearing about a 2005 idea 5 years later as if it was news and is this silly idea even in the market yet?

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Cant TH automatically delete comment/post that contains "http://www.*********.us"? I'm annoyed.[/citation]
I'm sure that if they don't, they could take a couple days and whip up something that can... then they could just automatically delete posts containing those websites and ban the posters...

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
[citation][nom]braneman[/nom]how long til half the technology for this exists?[/citation]
How long after the technology actually exists will this become affordable?

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Interactive tattoos aren't a new concept. I knew this one girl who would react different ways depending on how you touched her tattoos.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
My vision is where we will fly on brooms and play a game where we chase a golden thing with wings on it. Now, go ahead and write a news article about it as if it is only a few years away.

JPHD

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
What comes first this or personal jetpacks? seriously though, what's the point of this article? bring back best ___ for the buck articles and forget this rubbish.

dmwright

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
[citation][nom]iggybeans[/nom]What a completely silly idea. Temporary tattoos with body powered devices.Why are we hearing about a 2005 idea 5 years later as if it was news and is this silly idea even in the market yet?[/citation]

I agree. If you look at the entire article, it looks like a lot of "Filling", with a twitter update at the bottom.

On another note, as for saying them to be a "Silly Idea", I'm really unsure why you think that way. Care to explain?

As for myself. I find this to be quite an interesting invention. If used in the right situations/applications, for example "Smart Homes"(Smaller form factor of course would suit me), or "Security"(Hide a patch under your clothes.) that would allow for much better human/computer interaction instead of say, an ACTUAL tattoo or a usb in your brain. Physically less intrusive.

Cheers.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Well, the idea comes from a different source - the Commonwealth Saga by Peter Hamilton (Pandora's Star, Judas Unchained). The books were published in 2004 and 2005 so I imagine this is an avid fan trying to make the fiction reality...

dmwright

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Darkk[/nom]What happens if you take a shower?[/citation]

"....The user can easily remove the Dattoo at anytime by washing it off and prepare another one when needed."

You have a good point, but this begs to answer the question about pricing. If we are expected to replace them with new ones, let's say (2x day - if you want to count that as showering). Then wouldn't you expect either A. the price to be cheap, or B. Some type of "Cover"?

dmwright

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]This will never catch on. By the time this becomes available we'll already be wired for retina displays with virtual controls.[/citation]

The concept is there, but remember people use different technologies for different purposes. i.e., wireless LAN vs Cable Based, Satelite technology, Radio Technology, Microwave, etc... and the list goes on.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Retna Displays", but that is a very intrusive technology if I'm understanding you correctly. I do not know many people who would be willing to go in and have a computer put into their eyes as such. Many wish for the days of Matrix, and the days of full automation, but a Dattoo looks like one step to get there.

Just an added thought : They will be like clothes. Next we'll start to see companies like Nike, selling a specially designed Dattoo.... And later... of course MS, Apple, and all the other companies of the world might design some type of branding Dattoo. (You may end up using one at work... where you must keep it on at all times with their logo on it....)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS