The Google Nexus One Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andune

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jamezrp[/nom].... That said, AT&T's data plan is currently listed at the top according to a recent study by Gizmodo, and their coverage has improved exceptionally over the last few years. That said, Verizon's model of the Nexus One will be much more reliable than the T-Mobile model in terms of phone calls and data connections...[/citation]

James, could you link the study to which you're referring?

I'm currently using an older Blackberry 8310 on AT&T. I have strong financial reasons for sticking with AT&T's network (grandfathered discounts) but looking for an upgraded device. I'm not especially fond of the iPhone. With all the negative comments here and on THG toward AT&T, though, I question whether Android devices coming to that network is the vindication I'm looking for. I'd be curious to see additional studies.

killblade

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
People don’t realise it yet – but the Iphone and now the IPad are monumental developments in science and technology that are as big as the innovation of the wheel. Nexus one is just an insignificant copy of a historical event. Like Apple invented the wheel and Google came up with a rounded rock that kinda rolled for a bit if you pushed hard enough – when you use the Nexus your just playing with a Iphone Copy and a poor copy at that! Nexus was a still birth and the reviewer suggests the same.

robpp

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I just received a HTC Nexusone from Vodafone Australia and I must say the Voice Quality is pathetic. On Loud-Speaker neither I nor the recipient can understand anything. To the ear it's not too bad, but still tinny.

My 3 year old Nokia blows this out of the water.. Maybe I should have waited till Nokia released something which competes with the iPhone and HTC Nexusone...

Not a happy user.

Status
Not open for further replies.