the gpu on my laptop looks like is faulty

Samihaddad

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
The laptop I have is an msi gt70 with gtx 870m graphics and 8gb ram. It's the dragon edition. I left it for like 3 weeks and then when i came back, the laptop is messed up. please suggest a way i can send you the footage of the problem so you can you view it by yourself, if you want it. So.. The screen's top half (or less) is kinda okay and working, and the bottom-half is all glitched out and sometimes works. I've connected it to an external display and so far it's kind-of okay, but skill has problems sometimes. Sometimes, the same half glitches like the screen. Please if you have any idea on how to fix this, please try to help me. I'll give you whatever information you need. I've linked a video so you can see what exactly is the problem, please be patient and skip around if you need, I don't have anything to edit it with so it's what it is. the link http://

Snowsnooks

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
Looks like one of your capacitors or transistors have gone. I recommend speaking directly to MSI of you retailer that you purchased this from and talk about replacement and repair under warranty!

Samihaddad

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

Thank you for your help, although sadly I don't have my warranty, as I opened the laptop, not expecting things like these to happen, but they did. I want to buy a new graphics card and replace it, will this work, or will the same happen. The capacitor is blown on the motherboard, or on the graphics card itself??? Thank you for the answer, it is always appreciated.