Hello
I have a gaming laptop MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 4K
The Specs Are as followed :
i7 6th Gen
GTX 970M
16GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 530
I have had this laptop for 2 Months now
In reality i have no issue here but i want to improve my battery life and make it last for a couple of years
When i game i play with my laptop plugged in to power source at all times
when my laptop reaches 100% it automaticly disconnects in coming power from power source
even the Light Bulb when its charging is turned off
i read that ,Charging while using a laptop is bad for the Laptop
But my laptop disconnects the power source when its full
So Is this safe?
Please help
Additional Question
*Can a laptops battery be replaced, and is it Harmfull for the laptop?
* Tips on how to make your batter Last longer,and Must know Information about the battery health
Thanks alot
please answer the main question then go for the additional ones
;)

Solution
most new batterys are not the old seal lead acid type any more. those batteries had short life and always had top have a charge on them. (most old batteries got a charge memory if you used the unit only for 5 min after awhile that all the main battery would last). the newer unit mad to hold a charge better and longer. the li-ions have to make sure the charger is good. all those scooter fires are from battreis over heating and poping. laptop chargers once the battires hit 100 percent they do a slight discharge and rechage...these small cycles over time wear out a battiers. if your not using it your better off taking it out..putting a dust cover on the battery bay. put the battery in a bad where it cant short out and every 60 days charge it. on the battery you have is a service part number . that for the vendor replacment. there also oem battires that may be as good as the vendor unit but cheaper. be carefull if you go to cheap the battery may fail when your using the laptop and can catch it on fire.

shaswar7x

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Sorry i didnt quite undrestand
* so i can use it while it charging (Gaming..Youtube..Casual..)
will it harm the battery tho?
because whenever the batter reaches 100% it automaticly stopes recieving power
i dont wanna buy a spare battery,so i only have this battery to live with
I game alot tho, and its recomended that is plugged in for best performance
* Tell me some Must know information about batterys if u can like
what should your battery charge be at ?
your bettery charge musnt drop which level?
and when to disconnect the charge?
Should i game with it while it charging?

A rule of thumb, if the laptop is going to be plugged in wall power for most of the time, you can remove the battery. Only catch is that some systems will drop in speed a lot when the battery is out and it's plugged in. I ran into this myself on my Lenovo W workstation laptop, I took out the battery and the system went from 40 fps in WOW to abut 15 till I put the battery in. A battery will be fine sitting for days without charging, weeks even, but longer than that I'd charge it up a bit. I've seen new batteries not used for a few years end up dead when you go to use them.

shaswar7x

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

i would have removed the battery from the laptop,the problem is that the battery is built into the laptop itself, so for me to remove the battery it will cost me the warranty which i would rather not take the risk..
I am just wonderingam i damaging the laptop ,while gaming and its Charging?

No, you are not damaging it past normal use.

Solution