The High Resolution eBook Reader Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
hmm... it looks nice. ... but

How much it is going to be?
It seems to be touch controled... but does it suppoer multi-touch? Can we save notes and high light the text?
What's going to be the source of eBooks? What formate is it going to support?
Since it is ebook.. I assume its battery life will be long... but since it is flexable..I will assume the battery will be the Li-polymer (like the one used in iPod)...
since it is flexable..... it we bend it... and break it.. will it covered by the warrenty?..lol

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
They meant "highest" but we still understood what they meant.

I'm not sure I have enough arms/legs to be able to afford this product :(

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]PostmanPat[/nom]The worse article title yet?[/citation]
Haha, your malapropism was intentional right? Moron...

G

Finally, something to hopefully replace the Kindle!

Let's just hope that this plays out and is affordable.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
holy crap! on a screen that small? lets think about this!
the 20" widescreen I'm using at work has the smallest pixels I've seen on a screen. and this ereader has more pixels on 1/4 the size!

that WOULD look fantastic!

mind you, I'm not so sure that its res that is the biggest problem when it comes to making these things as easy on the eyes as paper

fflam

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
but since it is flexable..I will assume the battery will be the Li-polymer (like the one used in iPod)...
since it is flexable..... it we bend it... and break it.. will it covered by the warrenty?..lol

i don't think it is flexible. the top image is not the same device as shown below. first it is way thinner on top, and also there is a black border and a black "hand hold" indent on the bottom image. now I'm sure the scree it self is flexible, but i doubt the entire device is flexible.

G

Price?
If it's e-ink technology,the price will be closer to $1000 than to $100!
I guess it'll be around a $700 initial street price,going down after that.

If it's reflective LCD technology, I expect a device like this to cost around 200-250 bucks street price.

Battery life will be interesting, and also if they are going to provide the device with a flexible frame too!

I'm not so for flexible devices, they are only good for not breaking when you have it packed in a book bag, but I wouldn't want a device like this to be too flexible like for instance silicone or so... I do hope it still retains some sort of stiffness, and that the stainless steel back won't feel too cold.

Battery life, processor speed, page turn speed, file type recognition, and info on extra feats (like wifi, 3G, audio playback,etc..) are perhaps pretty interesting to know when the device comes out!

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
My main question is: When will this sucker be out? It looks interesting and even if I don't purchase it I hope it isn't vaporware. Technology from leading edge products like this can go a long way toward advancing our quality of life and can easily be used in eductional and military applications.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]fflam[/nom]i don't think it is flexible. the top image is not the same device as shown below. first it is way thinner on top, and also there is a black border and a black "hand hold" indent on the bottom image. now I'm sure the scree it self is flexible, but i doubt the entire device is flexible.[/citation]
The screen is flexible but put into a strong casing to make it more rugged. The flexibility comes into play if, for example, something is dropped on or hits the display surface within the casing.

Status
Not open for further replies.