the "home theater" itself

online3days

Commendable
May 17, 2016
did the home theater setup shrink a ton since years ago when it was the biggest thing for the home living room?

what i noticed is stuff like i had to buy usb speakers to get a lot louder sounds from my desktop pc here. and other subjects such as it seems that the computer is becoming a thing of the passed. and now there are ipads, ipods, iphones, android operating systems. etc.

and the desktop pc now is older and the laptop is the newer better idea of the computer.

the flat panel tv is about 1,000 times lighter than the older heavier Tvs and has wayyyyyyyy better sound. and the sound can be very deafening if you turn the volume up not too high.

+++please discuss with me :)

not sure this thread has much of a point since its full of opinion and mumbo jumbo but i'll bite for a bit..

did the home theater setup shrink a ton since years ago when it was the biggest thing for the home living room?
cost, size or importance?
-there are still high cost and low cost solutions. i'm hesitant to say it but i believe there are better cheaper sets now than there were in the past.
-there are some nice sounding micro systems out there nowadays however they do have disadvantages. speakers are in all a bit smaller then they used to be as well but not by a huge degree.
-most people know nothing about home audio so get suckered into cheap or crappy systems. if you want good audio it is still important to get good equipment just as it was years ago. minimalist setups and wall mounting make soundbars very popular as well which puts less emphasis on true theater setups other than for people that want 5.1/7.1

what i noticed is stuff like i had to buy usb speakers to get a lot louder sounds from my desktop pc here.
and self powered (with ac plug) 2.1 speakers will not work for you? if anything given that they do not pull power from the pc self powered speakers will be far louder than usb or 3.5mm 2.0 unpowered.

and other subjects such as it seems that the computer is becoming a thing of the passed. and now there are ipads, ipods, iphones, android operating systems. etc.
phones and tablets are also extremely limiting and will never replace the pc. any real work gets done on pc given the larger screens, better input devices, greater performance and broader range of software available. mobile has taken over simple web browsing and a few art applications but is extremely limiting. pc is here to stay.

and the desktop pc now is older and the laptop is the newer better idea of the computer.
since when? a laptop is a worse performing, more costly and higher cost to repair option just as it has always been. a desktop pc has always been better value. yes, a laptop may suit some people more than a desktop but honestly that is opinion and preference.

the flat panel tv is about 1,000 times lighter than the older heavier Tvs and has wayyyyyyyy better sound. and the sound can be very deafening if you turn the volume up not too high.
the speakers inside televisions still suck. while i agree the audio quality is better than in the past it still leaves much to be desired, hence the sales of soundbars are prevalent. while agreed that televisions are lighter than they used to be there are certainly disadvantages to go along with the advantages of the swap in technology.