'The Last of Us' Sells 3.4 Million Copies in 3 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Yeah I've seen allot of the story play out. Game play is pretty generic 3rd person zombie shooter but with a good story. Overall I'd call it good but it's annoying to have yet another zombie game. Think bioshock infinite but quite a bit worse story wise and a bit better fighting.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Isnt this the same game that in ever review they say is extreamly linear and played always the same way? (aka Call of duty).
I heard its a great story, but for a great story i can just watch some of my favorite tv series. I do wonder why make a ps3 exclusive at this point, it seems counter-intuitive as by now i doubt ps3 will sell any more units of its console.

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
It's a great game and people like me who put story as the main thing in a single player game - well worth all the praise it gets! Keep up the good work guys! Looking forward to the next awesome game!

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
The story is linear and gameplay is routine. What this game has is both done well - the game has a memorable quality. Even weeks after finishing the main story I can remember multiple scenes/events.

Regardless of opinion, what matter here are the sales still coming in for a 7 year old console. (3,400,000*59.99) - production/marketing costs = a lot of profit. And that doesn't count the rentals which is what I did since I don't do multiplayer wank.

Apr 2, 2013
Thats the reason why Naughty Dog is the best Developer in the world. TLOU is my favourite game now and I am sure it will be a huge contender for the GOTY. But then again due to the lack of multi platform , it loses the chances. Still TLOU is my GOTY and I can't wait to see what ND has for the PS4.

Apr 2, 2013
Thats the reason why Naughty Dog is the best Developer in the world. TLOU is my favourite game now and I am sure it will be a huge contender for the GOTY. But then again due to the lack of multi platform , it loses the chances. Still TLOU is my GOTY and I can't wait to see what ND has for the PS4.

Antichrist

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
If the option is available, I get games for PC. I picked up a PS3 cheap though, and it was definitely worth it for the exclusive Uncharted and Infamous series alone, so I definitely look forward to grabbing this at some point. I prefer xbox over PS3 as far as consoles, but realistically I have fun with any system I'm gaming on so I don't like trashing one over another.

Antichrist

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
If the option is available, I get games for PC. I picked up a PS3 cheap though, and it was definitely worth it for the exclusive Uncharted and Infamous series alone, so I definitely look forward to grabbing this at some point. I prefer xbox over PS3 as far as consoles, but realistically I have fun with any system I'm gaming on so I don't like trashing one over another.

nicodemus_mm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
@Zac Lloyd-Jones: It's not go-out-and-get-a-PS3 good, but I've put more time in it than any console game in at least 5 years.

@Marcus52: Usually I'd agree. I've invested a lot in the PC (the main reason I pledged to Star Citizen), but I'll support any developer that focuses on storyline and good mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.