The router login id and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamin_2

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
I dont know the router login -username and password . Please tell me what is the the admin.i mean the router username and password.

Solution
Go to your router manufacturer's website, and look it up by it's model number/user manual/quick setup, etc...

They are not universally something as stupid as admin/default or password...look it up; you clearly have internet access...

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Going into the router isn't something people often do, so it's normal to forget it. So normal in fact that there is a button on the router to reset it to default. If all else fails, grab a pen and push the button. You'll need any log in info for your net if you use something like DSL. But this is an option.

Note here on previous mention of factory resetting a router, if it has specific settings those setting WILL be removed.
so resetting a router to factory setting is not always the way to work, unless of course there is no other choice.
But when you do a factory reset, best know what are the defaults address, username and password on your router model before you preform it.
Because you will find yourself with a non functional (no internet) router and still unable to get into it.

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Google the model of the router and you'll find the default login info, if you've forgotten the login info and it's not the default, there is a button usually in a hole on the back of the router, this will reset everything to default and if you don't know the login info for your ISP, you will not have any connection until you input this login info. This info can usually be obtained by calling your ISP, if they don't give you the info, they'll come by and set it up for you.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
All routers have a standard/default user/pass. It depends on the manufacturer and model. Most use some combination of Admin/Admin, or Admin/blank for the user/pass. If you look up your model number online I'm sure you can find out what it is.

But when you do a factory reset, best know what are the defaults address, username and password on your router model before you preform it.

Which is why I said, "You'll need any log in info for your net if you use something like DSL". I'll be sure to use bold letters to make you happy next time. :p

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

I didn't fully understand your reply, but I there is no wrong answer here. We're all gunning at the same target from different aspects.

mdd1963

Distinguished
Go to your router manufacturer's website, and look it up by it's model number/user manual/quick setup, etc...

They are not universally something as stupid as admin/default or password...look it up; you clearly have internet access...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.