The Sims 4: What You Need To Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
What you need to know:
Piles and piles of day-one DLC/microtransactions. Will cost a fortune for the game + stuff that used to come with games.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
"Wright described the Sims as a "dollhouse," but the effeminate term terrified new publisher Electronic Arts, as well as critics, who couldn't understand how well it would sell to video games' traditional male audience."

Their mistake was thinking of selling to a male audience only. Well, girls like to play too...

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
At first this article bothered me because it doesn't seem that the author played the old games.. but that's fine so long as the stuff about the Sims4 seemed logical, but doesn't. Yes you're getting more Sims for less game (in terms of the size of the game and it'll probably never match what Sims 3 was). Fine.. we have to deal. But these comments.. just what?! EA bashing? why.. don't waste your breath. The game is designed for mods and expansion, why waste your breath? and the game stuttering.. did you consider you should have just upgraded your computer at some point since many people enjoyed a good experience with the game? And murdering Sims by removing pool ladders? seriously? That's what you use cheats to accomplish, that and getting your sims unstuck when the game stops behaving. Not career progression.

Now.. real things Tom's Guide should have posted this, NO 64bit support, NO MAC support, no intention of adding back any of the important features and functionality of any of the base versions of previous games.. No concrete information about IF new larger worlds will be added. Not even going to ask about Mantle support, multi-screen support, online features..

Article seems like promotional fluff that tells people nothing important.

Hopefully they make it more Mod friendly. I skipped Sims 3 because of that. Also that you couldn't make a realistic looking face even with the Mods that were available as they were always rounded fat faces. While the Sims 2 you can get very detailed with the Mods.

The first thing it needs is more realistic skin tone defaults.

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Going to work or school with sims was only available with DLC in Sims 3, otherwise you stared at the outside of the building while they went in and worked.

DJready

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Still no online multiplayer, so many times i wanna invite my friends to play with me but can't, they should make a multiplayer option that lets you invite 5-10 players to into your game.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Weird. I readed many "bashing" article about this game. The author of this article seem to be happy that the game is a downgraded version of The Sims 3.
The main problem here... is I don't really care they fix the gameplay if extra feature like "Multiplayer" or a better "Loading time" doesn't follow.

Players have a lot expectation and this do not answer any of it.
I don't see any improvement that worth buying The Sims 4.

Swinsuit was a good feature so I hardly understand why it's removed. They'll probably sell it in a DLC...(sigh)

So microtransactions and no content for turn me in a cash cow... no thank EA.

Aug 30, 2014
What you need to know...
This should be called "The Sims social" not The Sims 4. Basically, if you are not an outgoing and a very social simperson, you will not get ahead in your careers, if you are not a scientist or into computers. So basically... Social people = Winners; Introverts = Loosers even though it is the computorwiz and the scientists that can make or brake things... Very strange. NOPE! I will still not buy this crap! I´ll stick to The Sims 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.