The size of camera phone bumps are officially out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2023
I feel like you intentionally ignored the Samsung line of phones, those bumps are about as minimal as you can get

Technerd71

Commendable
Oct 15, 2021
It is a catch 22. There is no way to win. We are talking physics. Camera performance on a phone is one of the most important parts of a phone for many people. OEM's and Apple understand how important camera systems are to consumers.

If you prioritize sleekness with no camera bump but use lower zoom and sensor size and try to charge flagship prices your phone will be doomed.

Cameras are just too important to compromise for aesthetics. What people want is both. We want a device to be aesthetically pleasing but also incorporate good industrial design. I think most consumers understand the compromises of having a good camera system and are willing to deal with a camera bump if they get great photos that capture their special moments.

Pixel phones have prioritized camera performance with software enhancement from the start and it has been extremely successful.

In my opinion Apple and Google have the best designs for the Cameras in their phones. Samsung probably has the best design for being as unobtrusive as possible while Google took the in your face design.

Oct 30, 2023
Forget about the camera bump sizes, or better yet, hide them. Make the phones thicker! If the phone was thick enough to come out even with the camera lenses it would make more room for a battery that is finally decently sized and allow you to use your phone for at least one full day without having to recharge. Phones are always lacking enough battery power. Let's change that. Keep the great cameras and give us a great, long lasting battery in a thicker phone!

Avalon11

Estimable
Jul 21, 2019
The bigger is camera the better it's performance and more professional quality photos/videos will be. I'a willing to accept bigger camera bumps.

Game changer could be introduction of quantum dot and graphene enchanced CMOS sensor with metalens which could make cameras very compact without quality sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.