The Social Network: First Look at Facebook Movie

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007

What? No member of the Facebook staff has anything to do with this movie, nor do they want to, from what I can tell.

It's based on a book called The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding Of Facebook, A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal. The name of the author escapes me, but he was advised by one of the founders of Facebook, Eduardo Saverin, who was there at the beginning but split off to do his own thing about a year later.

Seeing as how Zuckerberg supposedly stole the idea from his classmates (at least, a $65 million settlement would suggest he's guilty), it sounds like quite a dirty story. And considering the production company isn't even using Facebook to market/advertise the movie (I'm assuming because it doesn't exactly reflect well on the site's founders), I doubt Mark Zuckerberg 'expects' us to pay to watch it. In fact, I'd wager he hopes no one watches it. But if we do, it's not his pockets we'll be lining.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]What? No member of the Facebook staff has anything to do with this movie, nor do they want to, from what I can tell. It's based on a book called The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding Of Facebook, A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal. The name of the author escapes me, but he was advised by one of the founders of Facebook, Eduardo Saverin, who was there at the beginning but split off to do his own thing about a year later. Seeing as how Zuckerberg supposedly stole the idea from his classmates (at least, a $65 million settlement would suggest he's guilty), it sounds like quite a dirty story. And considering the production company isn't even using Facebook to market/advertise the movie (I'm assuming because it doesn't exactly reflect well on the site's founders), I doubt Mark Zuckerberg 'expects' us to pay to watch it. In fact, I'd wager he hopes no one watches it. But if we do, it's not his pockets we'll be lining.[/citation]
First intelligent comment out of over 20 comments. I hate when people lack common sense and clearly don't know what they're talking about, which is the norm for the comment section.

Status
Not open for further replies.