The Spybot You Can Control With Your Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
To make the robot move forward, the user has to concentrate and generate a worry/sad feeling.
News article in a few years: "Techie Early Adopters Suffer From Depression". lol

Why not make it a "happy" feeling?

kriswitak

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Too bad these "Mind Control" Devices are still in the infant stage. I hope in the next few years that they can develop this tech to actually be easy to use and useful.

I'm sure handicapped people could use these types of things other than moving robots around, but controlling the whole house. Hell, anyone can use these as a convenient way to do things around the house. Watching Tv, and you want to preheat the oven? Just think of the Temperature you want.

I can't wait for technology to speed up and be useful, not gimmicky.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]lolWhy not make it a "happy" feeling?[/citation]

you'll probably get sad cos its not moving ....

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
If memory serves, the current electronics can pick up a sad/depressed state of mind a little easier than it can a "happy" state of mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong - it's been several years since I've read some of the science articles when this technology was first being announced//reported on.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
"Making the average customer use their brain more is probably a good thing anyway."

LOL so true. But a better question is does the average consumer have enough brain to use thing?

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]"Making the average customer use their brain more is probably a good thing anyway."LOL so true. But a better question is does the average consumer have enough brain to use thing?[/citation]

And then those that we do not want to think at all.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]News article in a few years: "Techie Early Adopters Suffer From Depression". lolWhy not make it a "happy" feeling?[/citation]
Because our future Robot Overlords will have an easier time enslaving us if we're already depressed.

Even if it's still gimmicky, it amazes me to see what we can do now. And to say I was impressed to discover voice recognition on computers a few years ago...

sicpric

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]How can our soldiers commit genocide if they have to be sad going into battle??!?!?!?!!!![/citation]

We wouldn't do that anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.