The 'Unhackable' Swiss Army Knife USB Stick

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiz

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
You[citation][nom]tamick88[/nom]"One step is fingerprint identification that's attached to a thermal sensor – so that the finger alone, detached from the body, will still not give access to the memory stick’s contents." Umm... couldn't you just warm the detached finger up a little? You know, stick it under your armpit or something? lol[/citation]

Microwave the finger!

830hobbes

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
The LifeLock guy put his SSN on TV to prove that it couldn't be stolen... then it was. Just like everything else in the world, this will be hacked and will just be hacked sooner because they say it's impossible.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]whiz[/nom]YouMicrowave the finger![/citation]

Putting up with the smell of cooking flesh is another one of their layers of security.

Don't think many hackers are wiiling to put up with that for the data (unless it's a /b/tard looking for CP, in which case, nothing will stop them).

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]calmstateofmind[/nom]okay, if they are willing to give out $150k if somebody cracks this, im pretty sure they have thought of that....idiot.[/citation]

do you have the paper of wont work on it? Im pretty sure you don't. Just because there giving out 150k for an event, doesn't mean they thought to prevent hacks coming in from this way or that way. All that money mean was how confident they are. nothing more.

so dont be calling other people idiots. That just make who ever saying it an idiot.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
This would really be useful for businessmen, if it wasn't a swiff knife. They don't allow that on planes.. do they ? ie in ur hands and not in the storage/luggage.

manny_bones

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]tamick88[/nom]"One step is fingerprint identification that's attached to a thermal sensor – so that the finger alone, detached from the body, will still not give access to the memory stick’s contents." Umm... couldn't you just warm the detached finger up a little? You know, stick it under your armpit or something? lol[/citation]

"Dammit! I just cut off my finger on my razor sharp swiss army knife, what could be worse? What?! Now I can't use my Swiss Army Knife's USB drive?!"

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]This would really be useful for businessmen, if it wasn't a swiff knife. They don't allow that on planes.. do they ? ie in ur hands and not in the storage/luggage.[/citation]
I was just thinking the same thing - this is great until you try to go through any US airport security check point with it (and you bottle of hand lotion, and your laptop, and you nail clippers, and your shoes, and soon your underwear, hair, a smile, teeth, breast/penile implants, or you critical heart/diabetes medications).

Also, I am in the camp of "unhackable" meaning not yet hacked. As to the thumb idea, sure you could try to get away with that at a contest - but is the jail term you are going to get worth the money? (Outside the contest, isn't there any easier way to do it than cutting off a thumb? I am sure there is, as there are better points of attack - like buying the person a few drinks and getting them to show off their "super secret" data.)

razercultmember1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Just add DNA scan, Blood type scan, Voice frequency ID check scan, writing scan, fingerprint scan, retina scan, Neural frequency scan, Bite pressure scan, and the good old What is the name of your favorite pet scan = unhackable

G

usage quite limited for travellers as no knifes no matter the size are allowed on planes
Amos

Status
Not open for further replies.