Solution
The GT 750m is a good GPU for laptop. It can be used to play many games using medium quality settings at 1366x768 resolution. It's pretty decent for high settings for some games at that resolution. Going with higher resolution means you need to decrease graphics quality. At 1920x1080 you can only play games that are not very graphically demanding. In general I would say you need to limit the resolution to 1600x900. Of course, if you buy a laptop with only a 1366x768 resolution screen then 1600x900 is not an issue unless you play on an external monitor.

GPUs for laptops are not comparable to their desktop counterparts. Heat, power, and space restrictions limit the performance of laptop GPUs.

k1114

Distinguished
Yes there is, the 980m is close to a 770, 680, and plays ultra on any game for just the single 1080p monitor that a laptop would have. I think that counts as hardcore and I won't even mention any sli setups. But the 750m is hardly midrange.

barto

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 20, 2009

Sigh. Hobbs. Gaming on a laptop. Sigh.

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

it's fun because there are better mobile GPUs than the one listed in your signature. Also, it's also fun because desktops are disappearing in a few years :p

barto

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 20, 2009

Sure. I don't have a problem with the 7 mobile graphic configurations that are better than my single 770GTX. Considering the OP asked about the 750m which are in laptops around the $1200 range, I wonder how valid your comment is when the mobile GPUs that are better than my 770 GTX easily start $2300 and jump rapidly from there.

I just feel like what is 100% true disregarding the shear cost on a mobile platform. I was never one for jokes...

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

2300$, oh, my bad! Of course a desktop built yourself buying the different parts from different providers and ignoring the CPU, wireless adapter, bluetooth, sound card, OS, CD/DVD/BD drive, card reader, new speakers, microphone, webcam, touchpad, keyboard and using your old case will be cheaper than an alienware bought ready to play with everything I mentioned up there^
Yeah, now do the actual maths (CPU + GPU /=/ Spent money) instead of ignoring essential pieces of hardware. Also, don't compare built yourself prices with Alienware + warranty prices, there's no contest for that regard.

The GT 750m is a good GPU for laptop. It can be used to play many games using medium quality settings at 1366x768 resolution. It's pretty decent for high settings for some games at that resolution. Going with higher resolution means you need to decrease graphics quality. At 1920x1080 you can only play games that are not very graphically demanding. In general I would say you need to limit the resolution to 1600x900. Of course, if you buy a laptop with only a 1366x768 resolution screen then 1600x900 is not an issue unless you play on an external monitor.

GPUs for laptops are not comparable to their desktop counterparts. Heat, power, and space restrictions limit the performance of laptop GPUs.

Solution