The White House Speaks Out Against CISPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
The same White House that supports the TSA gestapo. Obama is a liar and nothing but smoke and mirrors yet there are plenty of fools willing to continue on the path of destruction this 5 trillion dollar deficit man does.

jahmekan

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
john_4 04/18/2012
.The same White House that supports the TSA gestapo. Obama is a liar and nothing but smoke and mirrors yet there are plenty of fools willing to continue on the path of destruction this 5 trillion dollar deficit man does

Calm down John, you will get to vote against him come November. Btw: when was the TSA created?
Anyway, we are going to get screwed sooner or later, because one of these crap will get through. People wanting to see this become law will be throwing a lot of money behind it and we all know that our congressmen and women will sell out to the highest bidder.

retirepresident

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
California Registration Deadlines: May 21, 2012…………......…. Vote For Saint Paul 2012
***Remember have to register as a Republican to vote in the Presidential Primary Election***
(Presidential Primary Election) June 5, 2012………………………..…Vote For Saint Paul 2012

Presidential candidate Ron Paul will make a fund-raising pitch to Republicans and backers on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 in Los Angeles, TheWrap has learned.
The $2,500-per plate dinner will be held at the Los Angeles home of Mark Spitznagel, the co-founder and chief investment officer of hedge fund Universa Investments.
...Hollywood Republicans have increasingly come out of the shadows in this election cycle.
http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/republican-ron-paul...

We have a small group in San Joaquin county in California.

We are starting a petition to bring Saint Paul to Stockton,Ca at UOP.

Anyone that lives in San Joaquin county please come and join us.

http://www.meetup.com/Ron-Paul-R3VOLUTION-Stockton/members/5652870/

Presidential Fact Check: Staggering Results For Ron Paul
If you go to youtube.com and enter the current presidential contenders this is what you find
Ron Paul = 1,610,000 results
Barack Obama = 504,000 results
Mitt Romney = 96,300 results
Newt Gingrich = 68,700 results
Rick Santorum = 44,700 results
Clearly the popularity of candidates has something to do with the results, but this fact check studied random pages based on the tags, subject etc.. and found a staggering number of the following 1% of random results are as follows
Ron Paul = 94% positive, 3% negative, 3% neutral
Barack Obama = 49% positive, 39% negative, 12% neutral
Mitt Romney = 41% positive, 40% negative, 19% neutral
Newt Gingrich = 40% positive, 51% negative, 9% neutral
Rick Santorum = 40% positive, 54% negative, 6% neutral
In the last presidential election a similar fact check was conducted and the results nearly to the exact percentile mimicked the outcome of the presidential vote tally.
Numbers don't lie
(Courtesy of "I have a Message for Obama, Ron Paul is Coming" on Facebook)

jandrsn27

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
He says he's against it, but will happily sign it on December 31st when no one is looking. It's funny that people haven't figured out this guy is a con artist yet. This is also coming from an avid 08 Obama supporter, sad to say this year I'm just not voting!

doc_k-c

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
CISPA is another attempt to undermine privacy and make it easier to track us regular people all around the country--and world. We are considered guilty until proven innocent, and it is increasingly expensive to prove innocence, unless one is rich. It is understandable to try to prevent another 9/11, but the focus of the issue should be on the incredible failures by the FBI and CIA when there was real, available intelligence. My 72 year-old experience is that most bureaucracies--and especially the military/intelligence overpaid--are filled with lazy folks who ignore information in front of their faces; and, tend to screw the pooch far more often than they should.

The TSA is OK most of the time, but it sure would be nice to get that ID card that would enable most of us to pass through without a hassle. The TSA folks did a very considerate job of helping my 97 year-old mother in her wheelchair through the security checkpoint in Philadelphia a few years back. My real complaint is the over-crowding in the airplanes, and the long lines of people with excessive luggage at check-in.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Folks, pipe down. I am not an Obama supporter nor would I ever vote for him. However, you need to understand that any of these "Acts" are introduced by members of Congress. The president either signs it into law or vetoes it depending on Congressional support numbers (less than 2/3 support the president has veto power).

Do a little research on this "Act" before spewing Obama this or Republican that. You will find in fact that it was a GOP congressman who introduced this bill, which really is an amendment to a previous "Act." You can find out who all the co-sponsors are of this bill here:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr3523

I see a lot of R's in there boys and girls. So before mindlessly lashing out at Obama, do some homework. There are plenty of valid things to be upset about at the current administration, but this certainly isn't one of them. I am behind the White House on this one. Pick your battles, folks.

yezster

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Politics is suppose to be good... But a lot of politicians SUCKS!!! and I mean a lot whatever their shapes, sizes and forms...!!!

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]yezster[/nom]Politics is suppose to be good... But a lot of politicians SUCKS!!! and I mean a lot whatever their shapes, sizes and forms...!!![/citation]
That has to be the most accurate response I've ever seen posted in response to an article here....

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]jahmekan[/nom]Calm down John, you will get to vote against him come November. Btw: when was the TSA created? Anyway, we are going to get screwed sooner or later, because one of these crap will get through. People wanting to see this become law will be throwing a lot of money behind it and we all know that our congressmen and women will sell out to the highest bidder.[/citation]

I don't think taking the attitude that "one of these crap will get through" is helpful at all; in fact, the biggest reason that something like this will get through is that people give up.

Whether a politician is crooked or honest, they all are required to maintain enough votes to stay in office. It is up to us to convince them they will lose their place in power if they go against our wishes. This isn't baseball, and we're not up against a pitcher that will strike us out some time in our career; we CAN bat 100% - but only if we stay in touch, stay informed, and keep our representatives on target.

;)

jandrsn27

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
[citation][nom]jandrsn27[/nom]He says he's against it, but will happily sign it on December 31st when no one is looking. It's funny that people haven't figured out this guy is a con artist yet. This is also coming from an avid 08 Obama supporter, sad to say this year I'm just not voting![/citation]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]The same White House that supports the TSA gestapo. Obama is a liar and nothing but smoke and mirrors yet there are plenty of fools willing to continue on the path of destruction this 5 trillion dollar deficit man does.[/citation]
Does that make Bush the 7 trillion dollar deficit man? But really, he owns a much larger portion of it, seeing as it's his tax cuts (they're even called the Bush tax cuts) and the two wars he got us into that bled our economy dry. Iraq alone cost us $50,000,000,000 dollars every month. That's more money spent each month than NASA has spent over its entire history.

Gemini, Apollo, the Space Shuttle and ISS combined cost less than one month in Iraq. And what do we have to show for it? A populace that hates us and wants us gone, dramatically deteriorated world opinion of the US and another couple trillion dollars in debt.

What did we accomplish again over there? Because as I recall, the whole reason Bush started the war was the weapons of mass destruction that the UN told us weren't there, Iraq told us weren't there, and as it turns out, they weren't there.

But go right ahead blaming Obama for the deficit, clearly the few billion he's spent on bailouts and *gasp* health care are much, much worse than the trillions of dollars and thousands of lives Bush cost us.

I have no doubt that Bush will go down in history as one of the worst US Presidents, while Obama will probably just be forgotten outside being the first black POTUS.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Pre-election propaganda?

To the outsider it looks like the White House is 'on our side', has some 'common sense'. I think however this is more to do with protecting corporate interests. The Federal Reserve has still to be audited, and Obama's approval rating has been awful. He needs something, anything, to dupe the masses and stay in the game. It's ok to spy on the public, just never turn the camera on Big Brother Incorporated, as they know best. Know your place and turn a blind eye, or else. [LOL]

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
This is also coming from a country that cannot even protect it's own privacy (ref: Mexican border), and seems hell-bent on repealing the the Constitutional rights, freedoms and liberties of American citizens. The White House talks about freedom of expression? Oh, that must be why Obama has a propaganda army forever trawling websites, including messages boards, ready to react and 'target' political dissent. That's why it wishes to enact new laws facilitating increased spying on citizens - the British government is doing the same with their legislation (what a coincidence). All this can be backed up in their own words, not mine, not yours. Theirs. It's all in the name of keeping us safe. Just like the border with Mexico is supposed to be there to keep us safe from the problems coming across (cough).

Please, don't make me laugh with this "sacrificing the privacy of our citizens ". America's debt is owned by offshore interest, and the debt bubble continues to grow. Keeping American citizens in debt, enacting new laws in the name of security - and thus keeping them in their place - is the new industry. It's just that far too many American's are still gullible enough to fall for it especially when they do not even leave their own country aka climb the trees and see the forest once in a while. Meanwhile, the unquestionably controversial Cybersecurity Bill has already been endorsed by THIS administration. You could go on and on about just how at odds their claims of liberty are at odds with the dreams and promises of the American forefathers, and just how much freedom and prosperity Americans are actually losing as a result. This doesn't just affect America, naturally. It's a business interest.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]10tacle[/nom]Folks, pipe down. I am not an Obama supporter nor would I ever vote for him. However, you need to understand that any of these "Acts" are introduced by members of Congress. The president either signs it into law or vetoes it depending on Congressional support numbers (less than 2/3 support the president has veto power).Do a little research on this "Act" before spewing Obama this or Republican that. You will find in fact that it was a GOP congressman who introduced this bill, which really is an amendment to a previous "Act." You can find out who all the co-sponsors are of this bill here:http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr3523I see a lot of R's in there boys and girls. So before mindlessly lashing out at Obama, do some homework. There are plenty of valid things to be upset about at the current administration, but this certainly isn't one of them. I am behind the White House on this one. Pick your battles, folks.[/citation]

Translation: two cheeks of the same ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.