The Xbox Remote that Controlls 1000 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
It's not a logitech harmony but it is pretty nice looking remote. I'd get one if I had a tv, xbox or stereo equipment but a laptop and a desktop PC are all me and my wife use.

Danielw719

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
I love universal remotes. I even spent $100 on one for me home theater setup.

This however seems like a waste of cash.

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
I would only get it if its got really good range. Who wants to walk to their neighbors windows and screw with their appliances? My hand is currently raised.

Frag Mortuus

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I have the Harmony 880 and I doubt I will ever find a more intuitive remote. It is absolutely a breeze to operate, the tilt sensor for the backlight is sooooo convenient, and the software to setup the remote is super easy to use.

All other remotes fail IMO.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I'll stick with my Harmony 676. Then again, I don't plan on getting a console any time soon. Maybe when the next generation is out my son will be old enough to warrant one, who knows... For now he's happy playing on daddy's computer :) (when allowed of course)

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I paid £10 ($15) for my universal remote, it supports more devices than than this one, also has a learning capability and also comes with a box and button that allow you to turn off a wall socket by remote (which is dead handy for not leaving all my electrical items on standby all night)

rhelme

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
I have my Harmony 890 and have the add on for the PS3, so I already have been able to control my Xbox 360, PS3, TV, and Home Theater system with no issues. Switching between them is where the cost come in. 30 dollars for this remote sounds like a great price, but to turn devices on and off you probably have to push many buttons.. If you get something like a Harmony (which are EASY to setup) or a newer Philips TSU 9300+, you can switch between what you are doing with 1 button push. I can press xbox 360 and if I'm playing my PS3, it will shut down my ps3, switch my stereo system to the correct input, switch TV to correct input and turn on the Xbox 360... now replicate that on a cheap remote. Device PS3 (probably can't be controlled) so you have to use your controller. Device press for stereo system and select input, select xbox and go through the presses to power on(probably easy on this remote), select TV and change inputs.

There is a reason why people pay 200-300 for a remote... ease of use and ones that are smart like the Harmony keep track of what is on and off and can switch what you are watching very fast.... play the PS3... one button... Xbox, one button, DVR, one button..

To be fair, if you are getting 1000 devices... 30 dollars for this remote seems like a decent deal to me... I don't know why they are making a deal out of the price... maybe if it was over 50 or 60 or even more... but 30??? If you ask me, its a bargain...

Compare with the 300 I spent on my Harmony and you will see why... I would never switch because of how easy it was to program and the features on it are amazing, but they are making too much of what really is a non issue.... its price

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Frag Mortuus[/nom]I have the Harmony 880 and I doubt I will ever find a more intuitive remote. It is absolutely a breeze to operate, the tilt sensor for the backlight is sooooo convenient, and the software to setup the remote is super easy to use. All other remotes fail IMO.[/citation]

I have an 885, and it kicks the ass off every other remote ever.

For people that havnt used these, they're so ridiculously good. Tell it what components you have, IT then asks YOU which components are connected to which inputs, whether you use your xbox or dvd for playing CD's, whtehr you prefer the inbuilt speakers or AV amp for watching normal TV.

Mine even knew automatically that it takes My LG TV exactly 7 seconds to warm up before it receives IR, so delays the input signal accordingly.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Too expensive, but for those not wanting to spend $100+ for harmony, this is pretty good. Then again, the harmony one is not IR but it's RF, which is way better.

G

you can get a harmony for 50$. and its the best remote ever, way better than this. totally worth the cash.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I bought a harmony universal a few years back as a Christmas present for my parents for just under $100...before that we had 5 remotes and almost every time they wanted to watch tv (every night) they would call me to ask what to do.

I personally have DEFINITELY gotten my money's worth from it and if you have a home theater system I would see it as just another piece to completing the full home theater experience.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
If it could actually replace "all" my other remotes hell yeah I would spend $30. Better than spending over $100 on a logitech. I love the learn function as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.