Therapists Treating Addicts in WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

rage machine

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Ok, so what happens when the therapists get addicted? then they are all screwed when the shrink is like "hey dude, you gonna be on WoW tonight?"

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Once you go WarCrack, you can't go back. IMO The psychiatrists are going to get sucked into the virtual vortex of doom and die a death of snack foods and eye strain. I was addicted to Runescape way back when, just quit and find something better to do with your life.

It's the stats tracking that does it, it goes the same for games like BF2142, and COD4/5 (until you get everything, then it's boring) but MMO's have no such thing as "beating the game" so you keep going and going and going. That's how they make so much money and get people addicted, which means more money.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
This is like saying. Ok, I'll try and treat you for your coke addiction only when you are snorting because it's in your "preferred environment." I think the priority should be getting them to stop, I don't see how meeting them in-game to chat accomplishes that.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
There is no way Blizzard is going to let some smart-ass know it all take away their cheese parade(pure income).. LOL comon!

p00dl3_h3r0

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]This is like saying. Ok, I'll try and treat you for your coke addiction only when you are snorting because it's in your "preferred environment." I think the priority should be getting them to stop, I don't see how meeting them in-game to chat accomplishes that.[/citation]

+1. But I do think that you need to first find them. Blizzard should give public awards for people who play too much, which would allow the "psych-squad guild" public knowledge of the true addicts. What better way to find the crack addicts in need than following around the dealer? It would practically become a new game just to avoid them!

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
cool idea, good thing there isn't some kind of in-game blocking...o wait..... well i am sure that they will be more than willing to talk....o wait.... well these guys are smart....o wait....

mystoccowgod

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
"this is just as bad as holding an AA class in a bar."

not quite this is a psychological addiction compared to a one with a physically dependency attached to it

different playing fields

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
some players were so addicted, that they neglect their social lives and education by playing for up to sixteen hours a day

I am socializing r-tard. Im logged onto an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party, using teamspeak

G

I just don't get it, WoW is so lame, i can't understand how any one would pay money to play that game let alone become hopelessly addicted to it. Im sure this whole online therapy thing is just for show anyways, how much can they actually help these people when there still playing the game. I don't think blizzard gives 2 sh*ts about addiicted players, they are probably happy people have decided to give up there real lives for there virtual pay service reality.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
lol; its not too bad neglect your social life but not your edecation and and exercise thats where it hits you hard men

drealar

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
LoL @ apache_lives & aspireonelover

"Mom I really really really NEED to logon to WoW. I have a 2 hours session appointment with the rapist.. uh I mean lvl 70 Therapist".. and so the-rapists and the-rapees went on to raid/rape Onyxia's Lair.

drealar

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Oh and obviously more people will subscribe to WoW coz the therapists stick this note on their door.

"Consultation hours are from 8:00 to 18:00 in Ironforge"
- Signed... Bruugor the Dwarven Therapist -

Status
Not open for further replies.