There is no Windows 7 Drivers for New Laptop

kamar33

Great
Jul 14, 2018
Hi,

I opened a topic already about my Meaningly Slow Windows 10

Briefly I bought a new Acer A515-51G-388J Laptop which has I3 6006U-4 GB DDR4 RAM-940 MX GPU. I installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit. And it is very slow.

To get rid of this problem I tried to install Windows 7 to my laptop. I had lots of truoubles with booting Windows 7 Installer but after that I realized there is no Windows 7 drivers for my laptop on Acer's site.

I know I can install Nvidia drivers but I am not sure about the other drivers. Is there a solution for it ?
Thanks in advance.

kamar33

Great
Jul 14, 2018

Actually any version of Windows would be faster than this, because as I mentioned in my other topic I am waiting 5 seconds to open file explorer. And one of my friend using W10 on an old laptop which has i5 m430 and 4 GB ram with a HDD. And I was using HP G62 which has i3 m350 4 GB RAM and HDD. And it was faster than this very much.

I may accept that Windows 10 is usually faster than Windows 7 but not always.

USAFRet

Illustrious

What leads you to believe that a different version of the OS would be "faster" in this same hardware?

kamar33

Great
Jul 14, 2018

Windows 7 was released in 2009. Even if it is updated it designed for lower specifications. So if a computer having performance problem in W10 it can be used faster in W7.

But for example if you are using a Kaby Lake CPU like i7-7700K you should install Windows 10 of course.

USAFRet

Illustrious

And Win 10 has had several years of optimization behind it, building upon what was in Win 7.
And a Win 10 install does not a decades worth of extra junk in it.

Win 7 may be "faster" then Win 10, but that is NOT a given. It may in fact be slower on that hardware, or no real change.
And it won't be a magical difference in the 5 secs it takes to open your File Explorer window.

I have an old Toshiba laptop...Celeron 2.2GHz CPU, 2GB RAM.
I see no performance difference between its original Win 7, or when it was upgraded to Win 8, or now with Win 10.
It is slow, simply because it is a slow device.

Disregarding the drivers, did you ever get the Win 7 to install?

kamar33

Great
Jul 14, 2018

First of all as I said, I was using HP G62 which was very old laptop. And I was using windows with no problem. With 5 seconds faster. And yes. I am able to install Windows 7.

My laptop came with Endless OS. I installed Windows 10 which I downloaded from Microsoft.

kamar33

Great
Jul 14, 2018

No,I didn't. I said I am able to do it, I saw Windows 7 installing page but then I find out the driver problem.

kamar33

Great
Jul 14, 2018

I know but first I have to be sure about drivers. It seems Impossible so I am trying to solve W10 problems. I solved late opening file explorer problem but now I am trying to solve --> when I try to fullscreen a video on youtube it waits seconds and then goes fullscreen. Same for exiting and it is just for youtube, not for any other site.