Thief Thwarted by Xbox 360 Console

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]gilbertfh[/nom]Criminals that are stupid like this guy are easy to catch but there are a lot of criminals out there that are very intelligent. I like to believe that most will eventually come to justice but I am not holding my breath. I was the fortunate victim of a stupid thief myself and had a motorcycle stolen. It was returned a few months later after one of the thieves attempted to sell it to an undercover police officer.[/citation]
Not everyone is as fortunate...
A man we knew robbed over $10,000 of stuff from our shop, and the police refused to do a damned thing (they ignored us because they thought we were trying to do a bogus insurance claim... WE DIDN'T HAVE INSURANCE!).
I hate how useless the police can be. The police have only ever done one thing right for me, and that's suggest a restrainign order.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]ElectroGoofy[/nom]Did he not steal items from some of the houses or cars? He got 53 items, yet broke into as many as 200 houses/cars.[/citation]
Could you imagine that he could actually sold most of stuff he stolen over time and those 53 items were just latest stuff and some remains ?

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Anon999[/nom]typical black crime[/citation]

Wow.
So is a typical white crime embezzelment and ripping off people of their hard earned dollars?
Crime knows no skin color, and neither does racism

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
How many million xbox 360 thieves does it take to add up to one Madoff? When it comes to the seedier aspects of human nature no race, color, creed has the high moral ground.

plinkoblinko

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Glad he got caught. I had a 42in LCD stolen just recently. I wish it had an option to connect to the internet so I could get it back...

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
The penalty for copying a movie is far worse a crime than this guy could ever do. He better not have any copied or ripped movies. Because he would really be up the creek then!!

G

HAHA LMAO EPIC FAIL! the moron didnt even think to set up a different xbox live account!

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]For those guys they should initiate the death sentence again![/citation]
Yes...but for some reason the chance of 'error' is so high in a death sentence case that it takes about 20years or so to clear...and yet life sentencing is so simple?...why =/

Status
Not open for further replies.