Thieves Steal 6,000 Copies of MW3 in Truck Robbery

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@otacon72

someone correct me if im wrong, these are xbox games, therefore keys aren't required.....

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
[citation][nom]KeysOnXBox[/nom]@otacon72someone correct me if im wrong, these are xbox games, therefore keys aren't required.....[/citation]

I was going to mention that. If it's a console game, there is no key for the consumer to enter.

And what's with all the bashing on COD? I know Activision is a company of greedy whores, and I'm very pissed they control Blizzard now, but the game is still fun to play with friends. Sure it isn't BF3 but it's still pretty fun.

Martell1977

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Not to mention that stealing disks isn't a felony.[/citation]

In the U.S. it would be Grand Larceny, basically its larceny unless its valued over $1000, then it gets a harsher penalty. But you have to remember there is also grand theft auto and assault mixed in as well.

But it really depends on the laws in France as some countries have abolished their larceny laws. U.K. replaced its larceny laws with a broader version of their theft laws.

cTs Corvette

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
[citation][nom]KeysOnXBox[/nom]@otacon72someone correct me if im wrong, these are xbox games, therefore keys aren't required.....[/citation]

Aren't there much easier ways to steal Xbox games than hijacking a truck? Lol.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I can believe there's always Cod and Battlefield fanboys, divided like it's some kind of cyber fanboy war.
Taking parts in this extreme way it's idiotic, not to mention that anyone who makes up their mind before they hear the issue is a fucking idiot.
Those kind of games should be illegal for people under 21.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
If they had a demo of it, they probably would not have bothered to jack the truck... or maybe they are pissed because they bought it and couldn't get their money back?

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I bet that those that participate in that act were young psycho ppl below 19 years old fans of MW3. just sick !

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]I bet that those that participate in that act were young psycho ppl below 19 years old fans of MW3. just sick ![/citation]

every group of 19 year old mw3 fans I know of definitely has the skills to scout the delivery trucks routes to find a spot where they can ram their own vehicle into it, then use tear gas to abscond with a palette of video games. Their mother will understand when they say they got cut off in grandma's van, and thats why the front end is messed up, and you know you can buy teargas canisters at any local corner store. This couldn't possibly be some kind of organized crime, has to be some 19 year old's. /sarcasm off

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Well, the good news is at least they didn't shoot the truck driver. Imagine losing your life over video games. Oh wait, I lost my life to video games. Brb, going to jump off a building.

G

so the thief would play MW3 over 6000 times if he hasnt eaten dvds for food

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
There sure is a ton of anticipation for MW3! I'm sure EA is jealous right about now. I won't be picking up MW3 though. I'm frustrated enough I wasted money on BF3. I was really shocked how unlock-oriented these FPS games are becoming. I miss the days when we competed on objectives and skill rather than who had the best unlock or perk.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Well, the good news is at least they didn't shoot the truck driver. Imagine losing your life over video games. Oh wait, I lost my life to video games. Brb, going to jump off a building.[/citation]

There's a lot of people that are losing their life to video games, just they don't know it yet.
Big example are the addicted in multiplayer.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
The thieves are not the ones downloading the game, but the one putting it online for redistribution. He is the one who should be sue, not the 16 years old kid downloading a copy before the time of release because he can't wait to play it.

Once again Infinity Ward is threatening the PC market like dirt... well, guess one less sale for you.

blibba

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]True. With the keys blocked it was nothing but a 6000+ piece frisbee heist.[/citation]
A commendable venture in its own right, I'm sure you'll agree.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]longliverock1974[/nom]I hope they burn them. That'll be 6k less 13 year old kids taunting me about banging my mom.[/citation]
Post that to your facebook wall....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS