This Rock-filled iPhone 4 Costs $8,000,000 to Buy

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Ugh, why spend so much on bling bling iPhone 4? I could buy two Bugatti Veyron Super Sports and still have enough money to burn 300,000 gallons of gas at 268 MPH.[/citation]
Maybe they already have 2 Veyrons..

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I know many see apple products as overexpensive stuff... but this is taking it to the ridiculous. Well at least jewels aren`t suppose to do anything else than just shine ... no one expects them to do a phone call for example ... like all other 10$ phones are able to do.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I personally think its pretty horrific to spend that amount of money on anything, but I do think people are looking at this the wrong way...

As an investment, It's probably best to look at this as $7.9m dollars worth of diamonds with a $100k iphone sandwiched in the middle.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]brianmoz[/nom]you are either really rich and defending your own ridiculous purchases or really brainwashed. Spending that muchy ona phone is disgusting it doesnt matter what you did outside of it.[/citation]
Actually no, I'm not rich at all, but I know it's not my place to tell people how to spend the money they earned. Regardless of what you think of them, it is their choice to do what they want with it. Hell if they just wanted to have a huge bonfire and burn the 16 million they could, I wouldn't like it but I would never say they could have done something else with it cause it's not my money.

All I can do is use my money in ways that will benefit myself, my family and others, I cannot tell someone else to do these things if they do not want too.

coffee_man

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
i cant understand why people are upset.

they are not buying an iphone that costs 8m $
they are buying diamonds that costs 7.999.500 $

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]And it looks like you can still kill the signal on this phone... I certainly hope Mr. Hughes put an anti-bridging sticker or some other clear coat on that gap before starting the process![/citation]
It has a diamond encrusted bezel shielding the human touch that is the cause of lost signals. So no it should help in this case.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Putting diamonds on a piece of poo, does not change the fact that it is poo. Same goes with the iPhone, putting diamonds on crappy phone does not change the fact that the iPhone is a piece of crap.

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]TemjinGold[/nom]Why is it yours or anyone else's business how other people spend their own money? Do they tell you how you should spend yours? If these people want to use that $8 million as toilet paper, they have every right to.[/citation]I would agree with you, but they are basically spending $7,999,200 on a Bedazzled cellphone. You don't think that's worth mocking?

You have a point about the toilet paper thing, though- 8 million wiped and (hopefully) burned might cause the dollar to go up in value for a couple of days.I think he means "how is the owner going to react if he drops it in a toilet?" It sucks bad enough when one of us proles drops a cellphone in the toilet. How much worse would it be if the owner dropped his/her 8 million dollar phone into the potty?

If it went down the tubes, hell, that sounds like a good movie right there.

crystal_tech

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
wonder since diamonds transfer heat so well what will happen if used like a norm cell phone. will it overheat the phone due to the xfer of body heat? or will it burn the users hand due to the phones heat.

cp8427

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
It's probably easier to mug someone for this then sell it for 8 million dollars rather than robbing a bank. Gotta think smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.