This "Sandbox" Runs Any Browser Without Local Installs

Status
Not open for further replies.

may1

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
While I see benefits of this system for enterprizes (eg. reduced cost of software security management) I see no benefit for indivdual users. Can somebody explain the benefits to me please?

G

lol sandboxie already does that. what another wastefull article toms.

anyone know of a news site that is as good as what toms WAS.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]dgdbse344[/nom]lol sandboxie already does that. what another wastefull article toms.anyone know of a news site that is as good as what toms WAS.[/citation]

www.techspot.com

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
[citation][nom]xx_PEMDAS_Xx[/nom]TWO WORDS.VIRTUAL BOX.[/citation]

Definitely!

It's free and you can install absolutely everything including operating systems (of course) which can't be done in any of the sandbox programs like spoon.net and sandboxie.

And Sandboxie has a free but limited version, you have to pay to get all the benefits and avoid nag screens.
I don't get it why so many of these specialized apps exists, to install and run Virtual Box isn't that hard!

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I've gotten two viruses from using Sandboxie with Firefox on a site I didn't trust. I was overconfident using it. One of them was at least from a Java exploit. Now I run Noscript as well.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Oh dear. Yet another service designed to bypass our system restrictions. TMG array admins have to work overtime to keep up with all the sites we're forced to block!

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
OK, so... I see yet another company doing virtual productivity application hosting... only with an idiotic angle of hosting a lot of free applications.... with the worst brand name I've ever seen on such a company.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]may1[/nom]While I see benefits of this system for enterprizes (eg. reduced cost of software security management) I see no benefit for indivdual users. Can somebody explain the benefits to me please?[/citation]
As mentioned in the article, it is useful as a web dev to be able to test a site on many different platforms. Sure you can do it locally through a virtual machine as well, but this sounds a little easier and presumably you can test the various browsers on different OSes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.