THQ Loses Millions, Plans Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasxstewart

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Tom, Famed Bolvin Stealer, Knows Value of /Running. Thomas is large loose organization. School Buses, Chemicals, Registuries, Now Even Simple Claw Hammer have become symbol, why of computing hardware guide, yet Tom is Tom. Exploration of world coordinate social system is paramount, Even TOM Knows That.

Signed:pHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART von DRASHEK M.D.

CJDavE

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
1983 all over again? Make too many crappy games rather than a select few excellent games and something like this becomes even more likely to happen.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I have to disagree. THQ is still making good titles where companies like EA have only made a SINGLE good game last year and that was Dead Space. A lot of THQs major titles are still in development and have been for awhile. EA has just begun developing TWO need for speed titles and they are expected by christmas! That's rushing a game out of the door!

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]thomasxstewart[/nom]Tom, Famed Bolvin Stealer, Knows Value of /Running. Thomas is large loose organization. School Buses, Chemicals, Registuries, Now Even Simple Claw Hammer have become symbol, why of computing hardware guide, yet Tom is Tom. Exploration of world coordinate social system is paramount, Even TOM Knows That.SignedHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART von DRASHEK M.D.[/citation]

WTF?

CJDavE

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
[citation][nom]ravenware[/nom]WTF?[/citation]

Obvious troll is obvious.

Maybe not coherent, but obvious.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Honestly I buy less games because of DRM. I still can't completely resist buying them but now I do wait till they drop significantly in price and I take more consideration into what I buy. Back when SecureRom and SafeDisk just made disks difficult to copy I use to buy games all willy nilly :).

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
don't forget that 50-60$ per game.... on the PC..... WTF remember the day's of 30$ games that had 4 or 5 good community mods and multiplayer modes for more than 4 people?

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]The_Blood_Raven[/nom]I have to disagree. THQ is still making good titles where companies like EA have only made a SINGLE good game last year and that was Dead Space. A lot of THQs major titles are still in development and have been for awhile. EA has just begun developing TWO need for speed titles and they are expected by christmas! That's rushing a game out of the door![/citation]

Not calling you out or anything, I'm just curious what titles you're referring to. I'm honestly drawing a blank on the last good THQ title I played.

As for DRM, these publishers are doing exactly what the music industry did and encouraging piracy. Look to Valve and Stardock. These companies get it. PC gaming isn't dead but it is undergoing a transistion and it's not necessarily a bad thing, but those that fight it will end up in the tank.

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]I'm honestly drawing a blank on the last good THQ title I played..[/citation]

http://www.thq.com/games/?platform=pc Ok there are plenty of lame games, but I loved Titan Quest. Other notables, I'm assuming Warhammer has a following since there are a billion expansions, Supreme Commander, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (could use a easier to type title), Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Front

jqk

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Raidur[/nom]Company of Heroes is my favorite game from THQ, very well done if you ask me.[/citation]

Besides everytime you click on a group of soldiers they say the f word it was a good game

Status
Not open for further replies.