Three LG Smartphones to Receive Android Jelly Bean Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashifkashu

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I am still waiting for update for my Optimus 3D max. LG is focusing only on newly launched devices and loosing trust of their old customers.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]kashifkashu[/nom]I am still waiting for update for my Optimus 3D max. LG is focusing only on newly launched devices and loosing trust of their old customers.[/citation]

What phone company actually supports their products for more than one phone generation?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]What phone company actually supports their products for more than one phone generation?[/citation]

So far, Google's Nexus branding and that's about it. Samsung kept their word and continued to update the Galaxy S with that package.. Aside from that not many lol.

G

Also I have LG Optimus 3D max and I'm waiting for the update for a long time. What a disappointment...

siddallj

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
if you want the latest Android, check out Cyanogen Mod 10.1
I put it on my S3 and its awesome. getting about 40% more battery life and have 4.2.1

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]siddallj[/nom]if you want the latest Android, check out Cyanogen Mod 10.1I put it on my S3 and its awesome. getting about 40% more battery life and have 4.2.1[/citation]
I understand where you are coming from with the CM stuff... Put CM 7.2 on my LG Optimus V which tremendously expanded its functionality... However, most phones that most people have that need the updates have too small of a following to actually get support from the CM community... I don't think I am going out too far on a limb, but even the most popular phone currently for metroPCS, the LG Motion 4G, will never get support from the CM community, unlike Virgin Mobile's Optimus V, which was, because of the high quality of the phone and high value of the plan, was a tremendously popular, commonly had phone...

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
LG update phones? LOL people should no better and research before they buy. LG is the worst offender on the market for providing updates to their phones.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]LG update phones? LOL people should no better and research before they buy. LG is the worst offender on the market for providing updates to their phones.[/citation]
I disagree. LG has updated my Motion 4G 3 times since I have owned it, 5 times overall. All that updating in only a few months since I got the phone.

TBH, Samsung is probably the worst big brand about updating. They refuse to update phones unless they are their flagship products. Goodness forbid if you bought a mid or low tier product that desperately needs an update, even when brand new...

G

i am still waiting ICS or JB for my LG P720 3d max. It's a 2012 dual core with still gingerbread and LG refueses to update in Europe to ICS or Jelly Bean. NEVER AGAIN LG! NEVER NEVER!

Last week in italy Samsung S2 was updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Samsung S2 it's a 2011 phone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.