Question Thumbdrive issues in certain computers

Jan 12, 2022
We sell training programs on thumbdrives and lately we seem to be having problems with people not being able to view the content. In some cases their work network actually creates a hidden folder on the drive and dumps all the content into it. However, even after getting into the folder, the client can't play any of the content.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on and how we can keep it from happening.

I know with software, you might get a message that asks for it's certificate that makes it safe to install. Anything like that on the horizon for thumbdrives?

Without knowing the details of the programs and the client setups no way to know what is happening. You said something about "their work network", what would the network have to do with running a program off the local drive? I can see maybe if the company policy disabled use of the USB drive or they need admin rights to install or run whatever you are making, but that is with the IT department of whoever is using the thing. Work with the IT people of the companies that have issues.

Jan 12, 2022
Thanks for the response. There's so many viruses and malware carried on thumbdrives, that many companies are just blocking anything that's inserted into the computer, I guess.