Tim Cook on Apple Watch: Fighting the 'New Cancer'

Status
Not open for further replies.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
boring. I've yet to hear of a single idea for the smart watch that I would care about or that would justify the cost or inconvenience of a watch on my wrist.

erickmendes

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Than LG/Xiaomio/Samsung comes with a 75$ smartwatch that do all the health care/exercise stuff, android apps and also make calls too... That's how they can win my money.

Grognak

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014
Right, because clearly sitting for an hour is much, much worse than having yet another gadget to make us tech dependant and constantly linked to the "social" network.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Right, right. Steal someone elses idea, slap a premium price on it, then tell everyone their product will fight the "cancer." That is, every other company that has put it's reputation on the line in order to explore a new market, while continuously trying to improve their products based on user feedback. Good job Tim, good job. *Slow clap*

G

Employees that take a 10 minute break every hour would be fired from most jobs.

RCguitarist

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I still don't get the having multiple expensive devices that all do the exact same thing concept that apple has it's fans hooked into. A tablet, phone and now watch that all do the exact same thing. Want a "cancer beating" feature...set a recurring hourly reminder on your phone to move during your work hours. There, now you have one less reason to buy the watch. But suckers are born every second so I'm sure apple will sell millions of these things.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014

Good point. I don't want to charge another gadget every night. That's the kind of life change I don't want. I'm hoping for 2 days.

wiad

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
"tim cook is fail mode. Nothing apple has put out in a decade could be called 'innovative'"

Nothing they have put out in the last decade has been innovative? Ever heard of an iPhone?

Mark Hartman

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
With continuous blood glucose monitoring, anyone who is diabetic or has any kind of chronic condition is a complete idiot if they DON'T get an Apple Watch.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
But it's best feature is.....wait for it...... battery will last 4 hours!
yes that's right ladies and gentlemen, We now offer this great new feature which makes you get off your ass and have to go and plug it in somewhere to charge it.
Bonus game included, When the battery is drained you can play GUESS the time on that black screen, So awesome. /s

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
The only wearable I'd be interested in is something really tiny like a sticker you put on your hand which has a holographic GUI that you can control with your mind.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
I'm not sure why these articles are even posted on toms anymore. There is almost never any intelligent conversation about the article in the comments, but rather a foam-at-the-mouth circle jerk regurgitating all the old anti-apple propaganda. But I guess traffic from haters is still traffic.

stevonc

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
It may sound crazy, but having something like this device that will allow me to go for a 10 mile run without feeling the need to pull out my phone is a very freeing experience. I take care of an elderly mother, so I can't just "leave the phone at home".. and I have to pay attention to the many notifications I get.. with this watch, I'll be able to see if a notification is from someone I *need* to answer just by looking at my wrist. That's pretty cool. I think the watch will be great in the kitchen, for setting multiple timers while cooking, and also for having a shopping list on your wrist when shopping in the grocery store. There are a lot of great uses for this watch... but the best use is that it will prevent me from needing to look at my phone 100+ times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.