'Titanfall' to Be Microsoft-Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Graphically the game looks great. But online multiplayer only games tend to be fairly shallow and ultimately boring to me. I know popular opinion differs from me, but I'll be looking elsewhere for a PC game this Spring. Might be able to finish a system hardware refresh by then too.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Considering its only focus is multiplayer. I hope it has a stellar launch because BF4 is nothing but a nightmare to play MP. Though today i was able to play on 2 servers without the 3 things plaguing it.. Audio cuts. Rubber banding. Crash to desktop. Hopefully RE doesn't have these issues and I'm pretty sure they won't.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
There are tons of people, who don't play multiplayer. How do you want me to spend money on something (not talking about Titanfall) that has few hours of single player? I won't, i will pirate it, yes, cause i won't spend 60 bucks for only single player.
Yes, i don't play multi for various reasons (time, lack of interest, don't want to play with/hear stupid little kids whining on their microphones, ecc.).
Make available only single player of a certain game, even only in digital form, but for a reasonable price.

verage

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
my co-worker's step-aunt makes $70/hr on the internet. She has been fired from work for 6 months but last month her income was $21412 just working on the internet for a few hours. . .......:> w­w­w.j­o­b­s­6­0.c­o­m

verage

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
my co-worker's step-aunt makes $70/hr on the internet. She has been fired from work for 6 months but last month her income was $21412 just working on the internet for a few hours. . .......:> w­w­w.j­o­b­s­6­0.c­o­m

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
This is EA we are talking about here.

They'll pretty it up as much as possible and then cut chunks out of the game to make more money as DLC's.

I stopped buying EA's products after they bastardized my beloved C&C and ripped apart Westwood Studios.

booyaah

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Newsflash:

EA's main problem causing them to lose money isn't because of them not signing exclusivity deals, it's because they force developers to push out unfinished games, require users to pay another $100 for the rest of the content, add on-line DRM out the whazoo, they make titles with more cut-scenes than gameplay, automatic save-points, and they like to shut down on-line servers.

nevilence

Honorable
May 8, 2012
soccerplayer88
the last c&c game i truely loved was yuris revenge, after that things just went to hell

booyaah
i agree, i doubt the released game will be even close to being a "full game", get those credit cards ready

on a seperate note, the game play looks very interesting, and different. would be interested to give it a go

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I thought this game was made on the engine from Valve Software who seem to be on an anti-Microsoft crusade right now. I think they will have something to say about this exclusivity deal.

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
The most disappointing part of this is that Respawn had no say in this. Reflecting that EA has enough control over their title, where they can definitively say it will never be ported to the PS4. This means it will almost definitely be origin exclusive, and who knows what cheesy tactics EA will force down our throats, day one dlc maybe? Pay2Win? who knows. Went from one of the promising titles this generation, to a game i will likely skip.

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
The most disappointing part of this is that Respawn had no say in this. Reflecting that EA has enough control over their title, where they can definitively say it will never be ported to the PS4. This means it will almost definitely be origin exclusive, and who knows what cheesy tactics EA will force down our throats, day one dlc maybe? Pay2Win? who knows. Went from one of the promising titles this generation, to a game i will likely skip.

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Well if they would put game on Steam they might not have the cash problem they have and for Titanfall specifically I wish it good but again not too much into MP now.

Eisbrecher34

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
Well, kudos to Microsoft on this one. With the absolutely horrible job of hyping up the XBOX One, this was a nice move on their part. I know a lot of people are looking forward to Titanfall, and even if it is an EA game, its still going to sell really well.

Martell1977

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
So its EA's version of MechWarrior Online. MW Online is fun, but since I am boycotting all EA products, I will never know how this compares.

My last EA game was BF3, and while it was fun, the campaign was woefully short for $60. Add to that how quickly DLC packs were made available (which I never bought any of) it was painfully obvious what a scam EA games have become. For me, I prefer single player content over multiplayer, I don't find it fun to jump around like a fool while trying to shoot the other jumping fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.