Solved! Tobisha Laptop Power Button Issue

DevilishDaydream

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
I just got a Tobisha laptop for Christmas, and I'm pretty sure the power button isn't working. The charging light will come on, and I have not done any damage to the laptop, so I'm just guessing it has to do with the power button itself. My warranty was not set up when this happened tho, and I world prefer to fix it myself. Anyone know how I can fix it? I would prefer to not open it up and play with the wires is possible, but if that's my only option, I will do it.

Solution
Okay, simple steps first. Take the battery out, disconnect it from the power adapter and then hold down the power button for EXACTLY 30 seconds. Once you do that, then go ahead and place the battery back in, plug the power adapter back in and power it on.

What this should do is short any electrical charge in the motherboard, which may prevent the laptop from kicking over power to all the components. It's a simple fix if this is a simple problem. Let's hope so. The other option is it could be a faulty charger not providing the proper voltage, and may need to be swapped out for a new one.

Side note, did this laptop you got as a gift come with a warranty?

Fayenwolf

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
To be able to better help, can you provide us with the model name and model number of the device? This is typically found on the very bottom of the laptop. A picture will work too, if that is easier for you versus finding the model and revision number.

Fayenwolf

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
Okay, simple steps first. Take the battery out, disconnect it from the power adapter and then hold down the power button for EXACTLY 30 seconds. Once you do that, then go ahead and place the battery back in, plug the power adapter back in and power it on.

What this should do is short any electrical charge in the motherboard, which may prevent the laptop from kicking over power to all the components. It's a simple fix if this is a simple problem. Let's hope so. The other option is it could be a faulty charger not providing the proper voltage, and may need to be swapped out for a new one.

Side note, did this laptop you got as a gift come with a warranty?

Solution