Toms Guide iPhone App

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else had these problems with Tom's iPhone apps.

First problem: When reading an article if I click on the comments button to read or post comments on the article, it brings me to the comments of a completely different article. For instance, I'll read an article about how the Tablet market might be an Apple phenominon, and if I try to click on the comments button, it brings me to the comments for some article that was talking about Windows XP vs Windows 7.

Second Problem: Image articles. Whenever there is an article that is based on several images, and the article itself is formatted as comments about each image - on the iPhone app, you only get the first section of the comments of each image. So if the comment/paragraph was too long - too bad, you have to skip the rest and go to the next image.

Tom's, please fix these problems.

Thanks,
Brian

G

Sorry, not having HD is a real deal-breaker for me even with the $150 price tag

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Price drops usually come before the next generation console. This year's E3 might have some surprises after all.[/citation]

E3 can't come soon enough!!!!! =D

gruntlord6

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Should be only $75 considering it doesn't play DVD's................[/citation]
It doesnt without the homebrew channel ;)

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I don't expect any new hardware from Nintendo at this year's E3... It could be a real problem for them trying to consolidate the 3DS alone.

Guess we'll find out..

ucther

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
I have all three of the current systems and have to clean the dust off the 360 and PS3 to play them. Those are the consoles that should be $150 or less. HD is nice and playing a DVD or BR is OK, but I am in it for the game play.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]ucther[/nom] HD is nice and playing a DVD or BR is OK, but I am in it for the game play.[/citation]

So you're a PC gamer. Good for you.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Make it $99 and I will still pass...

I have kids that cannot use the Wii remote very well.
They can sure jump though so I am betting Kinect will be more fun... :)

mickrussom

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
Wii is obsolete. Kinect is way more interesting than these moron input devices. The wii has gadget-itis, there are too many gadgets and the kinect solves them all. Wii sucks. The games suck. Its not a bluray player. Its OS is locked down too much. The legacy controllers suck. The games are made for the new input systems and not made to be good games. Wii is the first console I bought and I returned it to Costco. It also BROKE (went dead) int he first month. I hate the Wii and think Nintendo jumped the Shark bad on these. I hope they revise the Wii and this idiot alternate input system crap goes away. Its as dumb as the NES zapper, NES bazooka, NES Powerglove, VirtualBoy, they all suck, and everyone wants a game pad and a joystick like the nes advantage or the NES Max, and we want to play GAMES. Not stupid simulations of a bad reality.

Wii is a piece of crap. One of the best games of all time was Ocarina of Time. A little juvenile but fun. Then they went to make the vaginas mask and the windwaker gayness. Nintendo has been making lamer games for toddlers and it needs to get back to cool stuff. And they focus on nintendo DS which sucks. its like I really did look forward to playing NES, SNES and Genesis games a LOT more than these new games coming out today. better graphics, but bad controls, bad gameplay and bad game design.

I want more games like Deus Ex, that was one of the best ever. But then they make lame crap like Deus Ex 2, which stunk, it was horrible and was one of the worst ever. Horrible.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]ucther[/nom]I have all three of the current systems and have to clean the dust off the 360 and PS3 to play them. Those are the consoles that should be $150 or less. HD is nice and playing a DVD or BR is OK, but I am in it for the game play.[/citation]

I have all three systems also, and I rarely clean the dust off the Wii because the only time its fun to play is if I'm drinking with 3 or more friends. If you have to be drunk to enjoy the games that sais something about the system.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]mickrussom[/nom]Wii is obsolete. Kinect is way more interesting than these moron input devices. The wii has gadget-itis, there are too many gadgets and the kinect solves them all. Wii sucks. The games suck. Its not a bluray player. Its OS is locked down too much. The legacy controllers suck. The games are made for the new input systems and not made to be good games. Wii is the first console I bought and I returned it to Costco. It also BROKE (went dead) int he first month. I hate the Wii and think Nintendo jumped the Shark bad on these. I hope they revise the Wii and this idiot alternate input system crap goes away. Its as dumb as the NES zapper, NES bazooka, NES Powerglove, VirtualBoy, they all suck, and everyone wants a game pad and a joystick like the nes advantage or the NES Max, and we want to play GAMES. Not stupid simulations of a bad reality. Wii is a piece of crap. One of the best games of all time was Ocarina of Time. A little juvenile but fun. Then they went to make the vaginas mask and the windwaker gayness. Nintendo has been making lamer games for toddlers and it needs to get back to cool stuff. And they focus on nintendo DS which sucks. its like I really did look forward to playing NES, SNES and Genesis games a LOT more than these new games coming out today. better graphics, but bad controls, bad gameplay and bad game design. I want more games like Deus Ex, that was one of the best ever. But then they make lame crap like Deus Ex 2, which stunk, it was horrible and was one of the worst ever. Horrible.[/citation]

it looks like someone had a bit too much of the MS cool-aid

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]I have all three systems also, and I rarely clean the dust off the Wii because the only time its fun to play is if I'm drinking with 3 or more friends. If you have to be drunk to enjoy the games that sais something about the system.[/citation]

Ahh but that is entirely the reason to have a Wii (and before it the GC). Its the best "party platform" for adults. While the two other consoles fight to be media platforms and hardcore gaming platforms the Wii instead places itself as a casual gaming platform. When me and my gf have our friends over, its incredibly fun to throw in a party game and start passing the sticks around. Throw in some drinking game rules (lose a round take a shot) and things get awesomely fun.

For "gaming" stuff I'm usually on PC or 360 / PS3, but for group fun nothing beats the Wii.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Wow @ the Wii hate. Yeah, it's overpriced, but it has its charm. I'm more likely to play on the Wii when I visit some friends as opposed to their PS3 or PCs.

Toddosan

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
My son has had a Wii since release and has had no issues at all, its a great system for kids who like to have fun and could care less about graphics. Me i prefer playing games on a PC, but also like the 360 too.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]mickrussom[/nom]Wii is obsolete. Kinect is way more interesting than these moron input devices. The wii has gadget-itis, there are too many gadgets and the kinect solves them all. Wii sucks. The games suck. Its not a bluray player. Its OS is locked down too much. The legacy controllers suck. The games are made for the new input systems and not made to be good games. Wii is the first console I bought and I returned it to Costco. It also BROKE (went dead) int he first month. I hate the Wii and think Nintendo jumped the Shark bad on these. I hope they revise the Wii and this idiot alternate input system crap goes away. Its as dumb as the NES zapper, NES bazooka, NES Powerglove, VirtualBoy, they all suck, and everyone wants a game pad and a joystick like the nes advantage or the NES Max, and we want to play GAMES. Not stupid simulations of a bad reality. Wii is a piece of crap. One of the best games of all time was Ocarina of Time. A little juvenile but fun. Then they went to make the vaginas mask and the windwaker gayness. Nintendo has been making lamer games for toddlers and it needs to get back to cool stuff. And they focus on nintendo DS which sucks. its like I really did look forward to playing NES, SNES and Genesis games a LOT more than these new games coming out today. better graphics, but bad controls, bad gameplay and bad game design. I want more games like Deus Ex, that was one of the best ever. But then they make lame crap like Deus Ex 2, which stunk, it was horrible and was one of the worst ever. Horrible.[/citation]
The Wii is obsolete, which is why there is a price drop. Logic, understand it.
Another thing, the xbox would also be obsolete compared to say a ps3 in your words. The xbox 360 doesn't have a bluray player, it also had a 54% fail rate originally, and "a stupid simulation device of a failed reality" with Kinect.
Majoras Mask upped the level of difficulty over Ocarina of Time, so how this 'lamer' game is for toddlers only is beyond me. Using , "Vaginas Mask" and "WindWaker Gayness" shows exactly why the wii isn't for you, because you're an immature user that makes up the bad side of a consoles community.
Only problem I had with the wii was the lack of better graphics. It may look better than the gamecube, but playing at an equal resolution with only a touch of extra eyecandy doesn't feel impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS