Tom's recommended Purch Marketplace but it seems sketchy.

Frank Dosier

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
Tom's Guide connected me to Purch Marketplace to buy Bitdefender 2016. Purch offered me an additional discount but after entering my info 4 times the sale still won't go thru. There doesn't seem to be anyplace to contact Purch for help. Buyer Beware! ! !

D

Deleted member 217926

Is this new or am I just clueless? I can buy a robot vacuum from Purch? And a K70 RGB for less than I paid at Amazon..........:??:

The Purch Marketplace is absolutely for real. It's one of the various commerce initiatives that Purch has been implementing in the past year. It replaced Herman Street, if that helps anybody grasp the idea, and is meant to serve as the storefront for all our various brands.

Anyway, if there are any issues with Purch Marketplace, the contact info is plastered all over the bottom of the page, including a toll-free number you can call.

D

Deleted member 217926

Are there still plans for a Tom's themed storefront? I know it's been talked about for years and I remember a few threads Joe started asking about potential merchandise people would want. I still want a Tom's coffee mug :)

That, I can't say for certain. I believe there are still plans for it, yes, but beyond that the details are scarce.

If I find out more, I'll be sure to relay that information to everybody :)

Okay, I found out about this one quickly! (And I'm sorry for taking this thread completely off-topic, OP)

So, unfortunately, the plans for a Tom's Hardware store were scrapped. Won't go too deeply into the reasoning, but essentially we were unable to secure a mutually beneficial deal with Newegg (who would have been the supplier). The focus has shifted towards something else that will benefit members of our community, but that's a surprise for another time.

Now, that being said, is there much legitimate interest in Tom's-branded knickknacks? We do have a limited supply of polos and knit hats available that we generally give away as promotional items, but it's something we are willing to consider putting up for sale on Purch Marketplace, and securing a steady supply of such things wouldn't be hard.

D

Deleted member 217926

I would think there probably is but I don't have access to the same metrics you do. I'd think you could gauge interest fairly easily with a few threads here in the forums.