6) World of Warcraft
7) Youtube video comments
8) Trolls
9) Trolls who know how to use google
10) Myspace bands

lubitz_420

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Wasn't the first "Bug" an actual moth that got stuck between some tape drums or something like that causing the computer to stop or crash and throw an error. Gotta check on that one but it sounds familiar

lubitz_420

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Oh and biggest threat to the internet IMHO censorship!! much like what was mentioned with china, if the internet is allowed to be censored based on what one panel of people feel is appropriate for it's citizens how long would it be till they controled the e-commerce of that country?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
If your kid is home sick, they should be resting, not f-ing around on the internet. Take the modem with you to work, if not the entire computer. If your kid is well enough to concentrate on a dungeon raid in WoW, they can probably get some homework done with that same energy. I know whenever I stayed home sick, mom would make a strict no-TV rule. Sick days aren't simply extra weekends, and we shouldn't raise kids to think of them that way.

Now, hopefully I'll have enough free bandwidth to catch up on some shows on Hulu. I do feel a little "under the weather" today ;).

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
[citation][nom]thackstonns[/nom]hey whats written on the Victoria's Secret thumbnail on the front page that links to this artile. I cant tell what the hell it is.[/citation]

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Sometimes funny, sometimes frustrating. It's been 40 years and we're still having problems. I don't think anyone imagined how big the net would get.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Spam already has the internet crawling. Spamming needs to be a capital offense on first conviction if any deceptive practice (e.g. spoofing, deliberate misspellings, bogus "opt-out" link) is involved, since it was clearly deliberate wrongdoing. GAME OVER.

intelliclint

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
Another threat to the internet is Advertisements. Think of how much bandwidth is used for all of the crap ads that are placed around web pages. I know the money has to come from some where, but everyday sites even TH is gettings as bad as the ad spam sites that people tried to avoid.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
[citation][nom]davidgrenier[/nom]What if kids playing video games was more important than adults working from home?I mean, you don't know that.[/citation]
I agree. ISPs won't care if all their customers pay equally. What if a given ISP's largest and highest paying demographic is online gamers? Who does the GOA think they are to dictate higher priority traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS