Solved! Top screen doesn't work with Samsung app's

Aug 20, 2019
Hey,
I have a problem with my galaxy S8 plus.
I can't pull down the notification bar, when i try to tap on the galaxy's browser address it doesn't recognize my finger. Its kinda the top screen doesn't work.
I factory restarted the phone and still no response, so i tried to download an app to test the screen, but it seems like everything works well i tried using the top of the screen with other apps and it works and i have no idea why i cant pull down this notification center or type the address in the Samsung browser

Solution
They should actually be in the notification bar itself. There should be a gear icon.

Also, if you only did the type of reset that keeps your personal stuff on the phone, then that may not resolve the issue. If the problem persists, I would try starting the device in "Safe Mode" and see if it happens in there. If it doesn't, then it is likely something on the phone that is causing the problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable...
They should actually be in the notification bar itself. There should be a gear icon.

Also, if you only did the type of reset that keeps your personal stuff on the phone, then that may not resolve the issue. If the problem persists, I would try starting the device in "Safe Mode" and see if it happens in there. If it doesn't, then it is likely something on the phone that is causing the problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution