Torchlight 2 Delayed for Tweaks and Balancing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]I cant help but feel like it will be worth the wait.[/citation]
This and the fact they probably eyed user frustration at a troublesome D3 launch. In a perfect world, all titles would launch after thorough bug testing and not to meet a profitability deadline whether it is fully tested or not.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]fedelm[/nom]Anyone know what the estimated price for this game is going to be?Work on that game, we can wait!!![/citation]

This game is only gonna be 20 bucks =D

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
the two guys that gave me the thumbs down are probably the the kind of people that just run blindly into a pack of elites then running away only to run into trash mobs and getting killed by said trash mobs.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I hope Runic and TL2 does well. I liked there past work and too bad Bliz cancelled former Bliz-North D3 project. Wonder what could have been?!? Anyways to me its actually a good sign to delay a game rather than push it out to make the bean counters happy and hot fix/patch away for unhappy players. Runic knows that quality is the only way to succeed.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]gncd[/nom]not impossible. i'm already in act 3 without using the RMAH. just drops and cheap stuff from the gold AH. [/citation]
?? You just said it's not impossible then disproved yourself in the next sentence. And I didn't say it was absolutely impossible to do, because it's not, a small number of very dedicated D3 players have done it. I just don't know of very many people who have, and it takes a ridiculous amount of time to play that way. So for most D3 players out there, it is practically impossible to do.
[citation][nom]gncd[/nom]just play coop with people that know what the hell they are doing.[/citation]
So basically farming? Ya, like I said before, it takes an absurd amount of time, and even when hunting elites in act 2 with 5 NV stacks and MF gear, 9 times out of 10 the rare/magic items I find aren't even sell-able, much less upgrade worthy over my current gear. And my gear isn't that good. While I have better survivability than most players I encounter in softcore, my dps is only 18k. I think the lower dps has a lot to do with my class (WD), but still... I've encountered barbs and wizards that deal 90k+ with their buffs. One barb in particular claimed he dealt ~150k dps and said he was currently the highest in D3. Can guarantee you they didn't find that gear farming act 2.
[citation][nom]gncd[/nom]not the kind of people that just run blindly into a pack of elites then running away only to run into trash mobs and getting killed by said trash mobs.[/citation]
Ya, the noobs are always irritating, can't tell you how many times I've seen that happen. You clear an area and kite backwards guys, not forwards.

Axonn

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Why do you care about D3 and T2 when you have Path Of Exile? ::- D. I've been playing it for 2 months now and it's AWESOME!!!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Diablo III is delayed to polish the game.
Just release the damn game already!

Torchlight II is delayed to polish the game.
Good! They're waiting to release a good game!

Biased much?

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Nivek999[/nom]@gncd I'm pretty sure that is all soft core players[/citation]
You better believe it. You don't get up to act 2 and 3 inferno in hardcore and not know how to properly kite mobs. Inferno noobs can only exist in softcore.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]?? You just said it's not impossible then disproved yourself in the next sentence. And I didn't say it was absolutely impossible to do, because it's not, a small number of very dedicated D3 players have done it. I just don't know of very many people who have, and it takes a ridiculous amount of time to play that way. So for most D3 players out there, it is practically impossible to do.
So basically farming? Ya, like I said before, it takes an absurd amount of time, and even when hunting elites in act 2 with 5 NV stacks and MF gear, 9 times out of 10 the rare/magic items I find aren't even sell-able, much less upgrade worthy over my current gear. And my gear isn't that good. While I have better survivability than most players I encounter in softcore, my dps is only 18k. I think the lower dps has a lot to do with my class (WD), but still... I've encountered barbs and wizards that deal 90k+ with their buffs. One barb in particular claimed he dealt ~150k dps and said he was currently the highest in D3. Can guarantee you they didn't find that gear farming act 2.
Ya, the noobs are always irritating, can't tell you how many times I've seen that happen. You clear an area and kite backwards guys, not forwards.[/citation]

hey a fellow WD. the red headed step child of D3. i can only play 2 hours at most on weekdays. that 2 hours is mostly just fooling around with my friends. sunday is the only time we can play for more than 2 hours. the most expensive gear i have is a ring that i bought for 1.7m. the point is we are not the hardcore/countless hours of farming group but we are now in act 3 (kinda stuck with the larder boss though. lol).

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Diablo III is delayed to polish the game.Just release the damn game already!Torchlight II is delayed to polish the game.Good! They're waiting to release a good game!Biased much?[/citation]

they should just release it. beta tests are nothing compared to thousands or millions of people trying to break your game upon release.

marthisdil

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]Good good take your time and make it perfect. So its launch will be flawless unlike it's brother aka stupid Diablo 3. I plan to buy several copies =D so i can gift them to few friends.[/citation]
And it's nowhere near as complex...

3 classes...yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS