Solved! Toshiba 1415-s173 recovery disk

jlanc0822

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Are there any kind souls out there with a copy of the Toshiba 1415-s173 recovery disk? Replaced my hard drive and I'm all ready for setting it up but my disk is damaged. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Yeah. You'll need a torrent client (just get the bitorrent one if you're unsure). Then simply google "windows _____ OEM torrent", and just enter in whatever windows version you own (NOT one you want - you aren't pirating software). Take a look at the comments on the torrent and make sure it's clean - usually people are pretty honest. Here, "clean" means it doesn't contain a virus and also doesn't contain any cracks or modifications.

Then just download it. It will probably be an ISO file, which you can burn to a CD or DVD using a media burning program. Then just use your key on the bottom of your notebook to install the software.

jlanc0822

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I have never used any type of torrent and I'm quite uneducated about them. I guess I just get a torrent client then search for a torrent file then create the torrent in the client. then download to a disk and use my key?

jlanc0822

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009

I thought I could figure out how to use a torrent but apparently not. I am trying to create a disk for my laptop using my desktop. I guess I need detailed help.
Any help is appreciated.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Yeah. You'll need a torrent client (just get the bitorrent one if you're unsure). Then simply google "windows _____ OEM torrent", and just enter in whatever windows version you own (NOT one you want - you aren't pirating software). Take a look at the comments on the torrent and make sure it's clean - usually people are pretty honest. Here, "clean" means it doesn't contain a virus and also doesn't contain any cracks or modifications.

Then just download it. It will probably be an ISO file, which you can burn to a CD or DVD using a media burning program. Then just use your key on the bottom of your notebook to install the software.

Solution