Toshiba 40FT2U Soundbar Suggestions

Aug 26, 2018
So I recently bought a TaoTronics soundbar and after some research it seems like this model just isn't compatible with my TV as the TV doesn't have an Optical port and the AV cables provided with the sound bar won't work as the TV doesn't have any typical Audio Out ports. The TV does have a "Digital Audio Out" which looks like an Orange color coded RCA plug and after some looking around I see 2 other similar sound bars offered by TaoTronics mention 'Coaxial' input which I've read on another forum is likely the 'Digtial Coaxial' which is sort of a misleading name for this electronics novice.

Would either of these other Soundbars be compatible with my TV without any sort of converter or intermediary device?
Option 1
Option 2

Hopefully I've provided enough info for you all to follow the question at hand, I clearly didn't appreciate how much there is to consider with this purchase as I assumed a sound bar would be a very simple installation and not something I spent the hour and change fiddling with before heading to google to try to figure things out and I'm still not entirely sure I understand it. Thanks for your time and any feedback you can provide.

Solution
The solution is very simple, then it's not.

Is simple because all that is required is a SB with Digital Coax Input.

Is difficult because Digital Coax is hard to find. Is an old technology.
Aug 26, 2018

I appreciate the response but I'm really hoping I can get something that doesn't need a converter, as is the sound bar will be taking the last outlet I have available in an already fairly well taxed room and one more thing to plug in is something I'd like to avoid if at all possible. I have another week and change to return my current bar and I don't mind paying a bit more for something that'll work without an intermediary device.

Aug 26, 2018

This is definitely what I found to be true, none of my local stores had a converter but I found a solution.

Like many cord cutters I have all my media coming through a Sony PS4 which happens to have an Optical port just like the sound bar, so Viola! :D

TRENDING THREADS