Solved! Toshiba A665-S6086, Upgradable for gaming???

Hoos2768

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Hello all,

I have recently purchased a Toshiba A665-S6086 laptop with the i3 processor. I am not computer literate and figured out that I was unable to play the games I wish to play on it with demanding expectations. I purchased a game called Sniper Ghost Warrior for reference of specs required to play. What can I do to make my laptop able to play games like I want to? When I install and try to load this game, all i get is a black screen with the sound effects. Please help me figure out what I can do and how to do it. Thank you for your time.

Brandon

Solution
You need to buy a new laptop with either an ATI or nVidia card. Generally around $800 can get you a decent laptop for gaming. I would say something with a Mobility HD 5650 or GeForce 350M. Getting something with a better video card will cost you more, naturally.
You need to buy a new laptop with either an ATI or nVidia card. Generally around $800 can get you a decent laptop for gaming. I would say something with a Mobility HD 5650 or GeForce 350M. Getting something with a better video card will cost you more, naturally.

Solution

Hoos2768

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Well I do appreciate everybody's imput. Last, is it typical for most of today's games to have these kinds of specs and requirements or is this game untypical as far as requirements go?