Solved! toshiba satellite a665-s5170 stuck on blank screen with top left cursor after bios screen

Feb 22, 2019
I have just got this toshiba laptop satellite a665-s5170 working with windows 7 home premium and then downloaded (which i thought was the proper bios screen) bios from toshiba website https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2858760&osId=31
ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.10 for Satellite A660/A665 (PSAW0U/PSAW3U)
and then had to reset computer and once resetted the toshiba screen showed, but the goes a blank screen after the toshiba screen with the cursor on the top left
I am able to press f2 for setup and takes me to the bios screen in which at the top says Phoenix SecureCore Tiano setup and i can play around in their but when i save and exit it goes back to the blank screen with the cursor on the top left and it blink once or twice and is just stuck on the blank screen
F12 goes the Bootmenu and just shows the how to boot and enter Bios Setup below which goes to the setup, but eventually leads back to the blank screen and then makes this beeping noise.
Before i did the download of the bios from the toshiba website, the computer was working just fine and i was playing games on it with no issues until this download.

i have an external connector for internal hard drives, but not sure if i need to remove the files from the external hard drive or if its in the RAM memory. Could i please get some assistance, i need to the laptop to work as its for my job.

Solution
Try these...

Option 1 ...

1. First, while the computer is off, connect an external monitor.
  2. Next turn on the computer and allow it to fully load.
  3. Once loaded, press the "Windows Key" + "P" to open the "Easy Display Switcher".
  4. In here select "Computer only".
  5. Now shut down the computer and disconnect the external monitor.
  6. Disconnect the external monitor
  7. And finally restart the computer.

Option 2 ...

Make sure you wait until the computer would be fully loaded before trying this, and not try it right away like you would to say get into BIOS. This needs you to actually be where you would be when Windows Explorer loads.

1. Press "Shift" repeatedly until the "sticky keys" window shows up.

2. Now click the the...
Try these...

Option 1 ...

3. Once loaded, press the "Windows Key" + "P" to open the "Easy Display Switcher".

Option 2 ...

Make sure you wait until the computer would be fully loaded before trying this, and not try it right away like you would to say get into BIOS. This needs you to actually be where you would be when Windows Explorer loads.

2. Now click the the link there that will lead to the "Ease of Access Center".

3. Next click "Cancel" on the the bottom right corner of the "Set Up Sticky Keys" window.

4. From here you want to click "Control Panel" on the upper left corner (it should be right beside the "Make Your Computer Easier to Use" title.

5. Locate the "Computer Settings" menu and then choose the "Recovery" icon (make sure that your view of this is by either large or small icons for easier access).

6. Now click and open "System Restore".

7. Here you want to click next on the bottom right corner (a few times) until the button "Finish" shows up and then click it. (Just follow everything prompt that the window says which will lead you to recovering your previous system, in a certain time.

8. The computer will now do the work it needs to and then reboot.

If that doesn't work, you can try the following...

You can also try doing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete and see if you can get "Task Manager" to show.

If the "Task Manager" windows shows, then choose "New Task" and then type in EXPLORER. If the desktop shows up then you need to go into "Start", "Programs", then "Accessories" and finally "Command Prompt". (Or you can do a search for CMD.)

Make sure you load the "Command Prompt" with Administrator access. Then when it loads type in....

SFC /SCANNOW

It will do a file check.

To learn more about "SFC" visit this link at Microsoft... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Solution
Feb 22, 2019
ok i just tried and it is working now with the external monitoring and is starting the restore recovery now to restore of factory default software. thank you soo much for your help. i knew the motherboard did not have any issue and i was worried that it was, but thanks to your expert knowledge i am now able to get the computer working. once completed and everything is working perfectly ill let you know which should be maybe about an hour or so.

Feb 22, 2019
Try these...

Option 1 ...

Option 2 ...

2. Now click the the link there that will lead to the "Ease of Access Center".

3. Next click "Cancel" on the the bottom right corner of the "Set Up Sticky Keys" window.

4. From here you want to click "Control Panel" on the upper left corner (it should be right beside the "Make Your Computer Easier to Use" title.

5. Locate the "Computer Settings" menu and then choose the "Recovery" icon (make sure that your view of this is by either large or small icons for easier access).

6. Now click and open "System Restore".

7. Here you want to click next on the bottom right corner (a few times) until the button "Finish" shows up and then click it. (Just follow everything prompt that the window says which will lead you to recovering your previous system, in a certain time.

8. The computer will now do the work it needs to and then reboot.

If that doesn't work, you can try the following...

You can also try doing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete and see if you can get "Task Manager" to show.

If the "Task Manager" windows shows, then choose "New Task" and then type in EXPLORER. If the desktop shows up then you need to go into "Start", "Programs", then "Accessories" and finally "Command Prompt". (Or you can do a search for CMD.)

Make sure you load the "Command Prompt" with Administrator access. Then when it loads type in....

SFC /SCANNOW

It will do a file check.

To learn more about "SFC" visit this link at Microsoft... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

ok everything is up and running. Thank you soo much for helping me fix the issue
@webworkings i could not have fix this issue without you. you helped me save my job and not buy a whole new laptop. :)